Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What to do with wicking diapers?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487024)

theonenonlymrssmith 01-30-2013 03:15 PM

What to do with wicking diapers??

I bought a dozen of the kawaii baby bamboo newborn diapers. We used them during the summer when DS could run around in just a diaper, but anytime we put clothes on him they wic. The inserts are great though! Just not the covers, anyways, I just feel like selling them wouldn't be nice since I know that they wic, but "technically" they are very gently used. I also thought about donating them to something like giving diapers giving hope, but I would hate for anyone's opinion of cloth to be tainted by bad diapers. What should I do with them?

jennayoung99 01-30-2013 03:26 PM

I've had this problem too, I have a goodmama ONE that wicks and I'm not sure how to go about selling it. Its obviously in fine shape, I paid $18 for it but I feel like I'm ripping someone off if I don't disclose that it wicks, even if its a design flaw not a diaper problem. I'd love to hear some opinions.

boysniris 01-30-2013 03:31 PM

Re: What to do with wicking diapers??

IDK about the GM "One" -- maybe explain that, due to an inherent design issue, this is not a heavy-wetter diaper?

OP for your diapers maybe FFS them as swim diapers! :)

theonenonlymrssmith 01-30-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris
IDK about the GM "One" -- maybe explain that, due to an inherent design issue, this is not a heavy-wetter diaper?

OP for your diapers maybe FFS them as swim diapers! :)

I don't think they would work as swim diapers, they are minke outer and bamboo inner lining.

theonenonlymrssmith 01-31-2013 01:59 PM

No one else has any ideas??

Maybe I'll just turn the inserts into mama cloth and trash the shells. *sigh*

~*~Sunflower~*~ 01-31-2013 02:13 PM

Some people just use wicking AIOs under wool, so it is a non-issue. Or they use other covers with them & consider them fitteds.

BrownCowMama 01-31-2013 02:16 PM

Can you try changing baby more often? They would start to wick once pee had reached the edge of the inserts, but since they pee in the middle, maybe you could change before pee reaches that far? Just a thought! That's never a fun problem to have :(

P!nkPepper 01-31-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ (Post 16230448)
Some people just use wicking AIOs under wool, so it is a non-issue. Or they use other covers with them & consider them fitteds.

This was what I was thinking. Put a cover over them.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

aldermother 01-31-2013 04:01 PM

Are you 100% sure it's not compression leaks and absorption issues? Not long ago, all my son's diapers started leaking straight through. I thought I'd ruined the PUL, although they didn't appear damaged. I just had to add a bamboo insert with the MF ones already in use. Ta da! No more wicking.

aldermother 01-31-2013 04:02 PM

Otherwise, I am sure someone could use under fleece or wool...