Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Christmas toy quit working already (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475856)

sandrc 12-29-2012 09:18 AM

Christmas toy quit working already

We got my 18 month old dd a fur real friends puppy that barks and hops when it sees you. It was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped hopping. The motor runs but it won't move. It's still barking too. We already disposed of the packaging. What can we do about it? Or are we stuck with a $30 broken toy?

essential1892 12-29-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Christmas toy quit working already

I would look on the website of whoever makes it and contact them. I have had surprisingly good luck doing this in the past.

Angel89411 12-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essential1892
I would look on the website of whoever makes it and contact them. I have had surprisingly good luck doing this in the past.

Ditto this.

sandrc 12-29-2012 10:58 AM

thanks, hasboro makes it. i emailed them. probably won't hear back for a while with the new year holiday coming.
hopefully they'll help me out with it. DD loves the thing and is heartbroken it's not working.

~Laura~ 12-29-2012 11:18 AM

I've always had better luck calling the company, I never get responses to emails.

my2sweets 12-29-2012 11:37 AM

Yes, call. No telling when-if ever-youd get an email response. You'll have much better luck with a live person.

isabelsmummy 12-29-2012 11:51 AM

My girls have a bunny. Sometimes the legs get stuck and we just have to move them a bit to get it going again.

If you leave it on all the time the batteries wear out really easily. You might also try changing the batteries just to be sure it's not that.

Fairycat 12-29-2012 01:23 PM

If you bought it at a box store and have the receipt I would go in and let them know. Most stores will do an exchange even without packaging.

ralenth 12-29-2012 01:37 PM

Stupid question but did you try changing the battery? The battery that comes with most toys doesn't last long, and I've found that odd things happen when the battery is going...

Arabesque 12-29-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralenth
Stupid question but did you try changing the battery? The battery that comes with most toys doesn't last long, and I've found that odd things happen when the battery is going...

This.

Also, you might want to try using one of the more expensive batteries used for electronics. I find the regular batteries work well for most things, but not toys that are a large draw on the power. We put regular batteries in DS's Leapster and they died the next day.