Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   35 wks and losing plug. yikes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488814)

Kiliki 02-04-2013 07:50 PM

35 wks and losing plug. yikes

It's my 4th baby. 2 of my previous 3 pregnancies, labor started within 24-48 hrs of losing my plug. I am not ready to have this baby, I mean, I would love to have the baby, but I know this is not a good time for him to come.

I know it can regrow, i know every labor is different. But I can't help but be a little freaked out right now. :blush:

It doesn't help that when I went to wal mart earlier, I had 3-4 strong contrax.... labor type contrax, not BH. And I can feel that the baby has moved down. He feels like he is clinking around right against my pubic bone.

Tina5834 02-04-2013 08:16 PM

Keep that baby in!!!

Kiliki 02-05-2013 11:16 AM

Re: 35 wks and losing plug. yikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 16249057)
Keep that baby in!!!

:hugs: thx.

I had a few more contrax. But they calmed down.

I am actually wondering if labor will come earlier this time than ever before (I've never birthed before 39 wks).

I am getting those exciting cervical pains you get towards the end, where your cervix is like, "WHOA NELLY! This kid is gettin' too big in here! CAN'T.....HOLD.....MUCH.....LONGER!!!" :giggle:

leyash 02-05-2013 11:52 AM

i lost mine at around 34 weeks because i was dilated. hovered at a 3 until i was induced at 39 weeks, lol.

hold baby in! don't breathe! lol

Kiliki 02-05-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 16251340)
i lost mine at around 34 weeks because i was dilated. hovered at a 3 until i was induced at 39 weeks, lol.

hold baby in! don't breathe! lol

I only had one baby where I was 4 cm for a week before I delivered.

The other 2, I woke up in the middle of the night, lost my plug, I went to an appt the next day, I was dilated to a 3, and had the baby by that night/next day.

So I HOPE I am not a 3 yet! Though I can't reach my cervix to tell.

Today I feel much better. I may have just been over-exerting myself last night or something. I took my 4 y/o DS to get new shoes. Maybe you have to know my 4 y/o DS, but that was quite an adventure. :giggle:

Hungry Caterpillar 02-05-2013 12:03 PM

Did the foot in mouth push the baby down? You did it to yourself!!! :giggle2:

No advice. Just, good luck with whatever happens, and try to lay down and get some rest to slow it down a bit. And pack a bag if you haven't already :)

Kiliki 02-05-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16251415)
Did the foot in mouth push the baby down? You did it to yourself!!! :giggle2:

Yes. That was more like leg-in-mouth. :giggle2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16251415)
No advice. Just, good luck with whatever happens, and try to lay down and get some rest to slow it down a bit. And pack a bag if you haven't already :)

Aw, thanks :hugs:

I can't even wrap my head around packing a bag. I had my last 2 at home. I really REALLY want to have this one at home. (Do you hear me in there baby!? You HAVE to stay in for 2 more weeks!) Of course I will go to the hospital if I go into labor prematurely. But, I desperately don't want to. And I'm kind of a big baby.

Hungry Caterpillar 02-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16251450)
Yes. That was more like leg-in-mouth. :giggle2:

Aw, thanks :hugs:

I can't even wrap my head around packing a bag. I had my last 2 at home. I really REALLY want to have this one at home. (Do you hear me in there baby!? You HAVE to stay in for 2 more weeks!) Of course I will go to the hospital if I go into labor prematurely. But, I desperately don't want to. And I'm kind of a big baby.

I think whatever you prepare for doesn't happen, right? So, if you pack a bag and stick the carseat in the car, then you won't have the baby. If you don't pack a bag and aren't ready the baby will be here in like two hours.

Kiliki 02-05-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16251473)
I think whatever you prepare for doesn't happen, right? So, if you pack a bag and stick the carseat in the car, then you won't have the baby. If you don't pack a bag and aren't ready the baby will be here in like two hours.

what if.... hypothetically speaking, of course.... a lady was 35 wks pregnant WITHOUT an infant carseat? :backout:

uh oh. I'm on so much trouble. :nervous:

This baby won't come early. Watch. I'll be pregnant till 43.5 wks.

Hungry Caterpillar 02-05-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16251527)
what if.... hypothetically speaking, of course.... a lady was 35 wks pregnant WITHOUT an infant carseat? :backout:

uh oh. I'm on so much trouble. :nervous:

This baby won't come early. Watch. I'll be pregnant till 43.5 wks.

Well, in that scenario, and since you wrote this five mins ago, I will assume the baby is crowning right now.

So, when you are done giving birth, hop on Amazon and order a carseat with two day shipping, delivered to your neighbor or parents if they are nearby, or send your DH to babies r us. You should have one by the time you leave the hospital.