Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How long does NB wool fit? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1484646)

Leiiki 01-23-2013 05:30 PM

How long does NB wool fit?

I'm planning my NB stash, and I am curious how much I should have done in true NB size and how much to size up.

I know DD *barely* fit the NB size in "normal" clothes at all, and she was 7lb 11oz. She blew through 3m pretty quick, too.

Does wool give you a longer wearable life at the newborn stage? I want at least a few outfits that will actually fit at the newborn stage - like no cuffing or baggy look.

It seems like some woolies we got at 9m fit her for up to a year, some still fit her now at almost 3.

UVASahm 01-23-2013 05:32 PM

Re: How long does NB wool fit?

This is exactly what I was thinking about today. I've never cloth diapered a newborn but would love to know about NB wool.

MothyrGrimm 01-23-2013 06:07 PM

It depends on the baby lol ds didn't fit too long because he went straight to 3 month clothing. If you have a small baby they'll fit longer naturally. They do stretch but I don't like over stretching my wool.

mmeneely 01-23-2013 06:11 PM

A month

SaraElise 01-23-2013 06:11 PM

It also depends on the actual measurements of your "nb" wool. I've found there can be a bit of a variance.

In general, I found that nb wool fits until my babies are moving into 3-6 month clothes, and is a little bit big in the beginning (my last 2 were 6lbs when they came home). So I have some "true nb" on hand as well so that they are not swimming in everything the first few weeks. For a bigger baby you wouldn't need that size.

pagodagirl 01-23-2013 06:44 PM

this is exactly what I am trying to figure out now - it would make me sad to have beautiful woolies that we could only use for a month - that's a lot of $ and work! but I also really want woolies for this little bean.

runningmama 01-23-2013 07:12 PM

If you have had bigger babies, I would do more of a nb/small size....you could probably get a few months out of it that way. It kinda depends on season too. My youngest was a mid summer baby, so by the time she was outgrowing her nb wool, it was getting colder anyway and we were ready for longies instead of shorties and rompers :-)

cinderella08 01-23-2013 07:22 PM

:popcorn:

ckck 01-23-2013 08:22 PM

I found a few weeks or so. I have done mostly nb/smalls this time, with a few true newbie ones

OrangeBananas 01-23-2013 09:39 PM

It depends on the baby. I have small babies, so I tend to do more true newborn, and some nb/smalls that are cuffable. If you have bigger babies I would do a few true and mostly nb/sm.