Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper addiction getting expensive ! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1591633)

sarahnforrest 08-01-2014 04:16 PM

Diaper addiction getting expensive !

Iv stopped telling dh when I buy more diapers online . It's nuts . You buy three and there goes another almost hundred dollars . I just bought 3 blueberry AIO . Monkey print , zoo animals , and my favorite, elephants ! So cute .

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

LaurelBelle 08-01-2014 04:24 PM

Re: Diaper addiction getting expensive !

I started a spreadsheet for just the same reason. . .Now I can quantifiably say that I've spent a LOT of money, but in the end, it's still less that what I would have spent for disposables. Also, you get to enjoy a chore that most people despise, and then get a bit of money back at the end of it when you (gulp!) sell your stash. (That's going to be a tough day for me). As I tell my husband, "its a hobby that pays for itself"

Earthy Momma 08-01-2014 04:45 PM

i am in the middle (getting towards the end) of getting my stash EXTREMELY 'plain jane' to help avoid the further expense of my hobby.. i absolutely LOVE cloth diapers... i have certainly spent way more than i would have with disposables! im on my 3rd now im getting everything plain from now on, and im trying to resist 'trying' new stuff...

im actually quite close to collecting everything i need for this lo and DS who is still in diapers, and i am getting depressed about it!! seriously this is nuts! im trying to stay away from fsot as well which is sad because i want to get everything lol

and i have ocd so i cant have odd numbers of stuff/colors etc... so i have resorted to buying white/cream/natural colors.. its making me bonkers!!! im not day dreaming about dying stuff but i cant because this time around im SAVING what i like for future babes..

ah107 08-01-2014 04:59 PM

lol. i understand i just started CDing since LO is my first and i a, hooked!!!!! my ipad has all this open tabs with different prints i want to buy....ugh. i keep telling myself it is still less than disposables and that they will be used by future kids. lol

Angel_7971 08-01-2014 05:57 PM

I'm a wool hoarder. I practice don't ask don't tell

greysmama 08-01-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_7971 (Post 17430707)
I'm a wool hoarder. I practice don't ask don't tell

You made me giggle! :)

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com

imnotacodfish 08-01-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurelBelle (Post 17430647)
I started a spreadsheet for just the same reason. . .Now I can quantifiably say that I've spent a LOT of money, but in the end, it's still less that what I would have spent for disposables. Also, you get to enjoy a chore that most people despise, and then get a bit of money back at the end of it when you (gulp!) sell your stash. (That's going to be a tough day for me). As I tell my husband, "its a hobby that pays for itself"

I'm the same, keeping track of spending. My weakness are WAHMs. So many cute designs!

sarahnforrest 08-01-2014 10:16 PM

lol don't ask don't tell that sounds about right

hogwaffle 08-02-2014 06:40 AM

I was just thinking this the other day, our LO is 2 months and I've already bought him a couple new diapers lol. I figure maybe I won't end up saving money over disposables, but at least this way I get some joy out of my poop catchers. For the cute printed diapers I'm sticking to Alvas and such so I don't go crazy spending.

I also just started decorating some of my plain bumgenius ones!

Rumptastic 08-02-2014 07:54 AM

Yeah, I open my fluff mail while hubby is at work and throw the boxes in the recycling bin immediately...and maybe I cover it up with other recyclables in case he goes to throw something in there. Oy! I've got a problem!