Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The teeth are killing me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1587977)

missydawn 06-27-2014 12:19 PM

The teeth are killing me

Ds just got his top 4 teeth and put that with this new squirmy while I nurse thing my nipples are hurting. It almost feels like the first month of nursing again :( Please tell me this pain will be over soon.

madmollyann 06-27-2014 12:21 PM

It will! If you have a good pump, you could pump and feed bottles for a couple of days until LO is feeling better!

neuro_mom 06-27-2014 12:24 PM

Re: The teeth are killing me

It will get better. Hang in there. :hugs:

missydawn 06-27-2014 12:27 PM

I really thought at 10 months the worst was behind us in the way of pain (first time breast feeding) I don't think it would be that bad if he would just lay still but he tries to stand on his head look around with the nipple in his mount roll. How do I get him to stop that?

solomonsmama 06-28-2014 03:57 PM

I totally understand! My 6.5 month old got 8 teeth in the last month and has been chomping down this week. My theory is that it causes a letdown because my adrenaline spikes. (It's like willingly placing your nipple in a mousetrap!) Hope it's over soon!

ghettobuggie 07-16-2014 12:27 AM

YIKES...my son is only 3 months so I'm not at that stage yet, but I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to it. OUCH!!

stevensmom 07-16-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettobuggie
YIKES...my son is only 3 months so I'm not at that stage yet, but I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to it. OUCH!!

My youngest got his first two at four months :thud:

I was not ready for that especially since my other two didn't get their firsts until nine months or so.

abunchoflemons 07-16-2014 04:22 AM

It wil get better. When you start nursing they tell you there are going to be changes and discomfort sometimes but they yforget to tell you about `when the baby teething time comes and a few other times and they too s1hall pass.

MommyTephanie 07-16-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
My youngest got his first two at four months :thud: I was not ready for that especially since my other two didn't get their firsts until nine months or so.

Mine too! I'm pregnant with what will likely be our last child now and I have to admit that I'm a bit scared that he might get them early like his brother... And that he might have his energy level!

It gets better though after they get used to those first ones. I would recommend to be firm every time he bites you (if he gets to that) and make it known that it's not ok. My first (DD) never even tried more than once but my son was a bit fiestier! We'll see how son # 2 is for me!

janetpw 07-25-2014 10:56 AM

My 9 mo old just got her bottom teeth, no bites yet.