Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   365 pushup challenge? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490585)

BNC 02-10-2013 06:43 PM

365 pushup challenge?
 
Anyone doing it? Basically you do 1 pushup for each day of the year that has already happened, each day. So jan 1, you do 1 pushup, jan 2 you do 2, feb 10 you do 41 (31 days in jan plus 10 in feb)....and so on.

Im thinking about jumping in tonight (better late than never!), just wondering if anyone else was participating.

tallanvor 02-10-2013 07:29 PM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
It's a cool idea, and I think I might try it, though I can't possibly do 41 push-ups right now. I think I will just jump in with what I can do and try to catch up.

shortcake2386 02-10-2013 07:31 PM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
oooo im going to try

lavender dragonfly 02-10-2013 08:55 PM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
I am in! I haven't done a push up in over three years :hide:

... I just did 41, OUCH!!!!!! :thud:

jeanette_holton 02-11-2013 05:15 AM

This would be cool to do with ab crunches too...

jbug_4 02-11-2013 06:26 AM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
I hadn't heard of if but I am going to go for it. You can build up number of push ups pretty quickly. Not sure how well adding 1 a day will work- thats a little more quickly then usual- but I'll go for it. i can do 8 (girl's) without issues. I usually do 32 during the course of a work out.

BNC 02-11-2013 09:17 AM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16273348)
It's a cool idea, and I think I might try it, though I can't possibly do 41 push-ups right now. I think I will just jump in with what I can do and try to catch up.

They don't have to be all at once! Break the amount up over the course of a day!

MinkaK 02-11-2013 11:20 AM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
Oh I am interested. I just finally started being able to do push ups. I did about 5 of them on Sat. Does anyone else have to have there feet out wider rather than right next to each other?

BNC 02-11-2013 11:55 AM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MinkaK (Post 16275454)
Oh I am interested. I just finally started being able to do push ups. I did about 5 of them on Sat. Does anyone else have to have there feet out wider rather than right next to each other?

Yes! It helps a ton! Hopefully soon I will be able to do the real ones, but for now modified is better than nothing!

jbug_4 02-11-2013 12:01 PM

Re: 365 pushup challenge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BNC (Post 16275640)
Yes! It helps a ton! Hopefully soon I will be able to do the real ones, but for now modified is better than nothing!

I'd say after doing a a few months of modified that you'll be able to quite a few regular ones with in a few months. I think i was doing modified for about a month when i realized I could actually do a 5 real push ups. Then i had to have back surgery. Got to start all over again.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors