Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Looking for a VBAC friendly Midwife/OB in Minnesota (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486628)

Kabuki24 01-29-2013 12:28 PM

Looking for a VBAC friendly Midwife/OB in Minnesota

Hi all,

DH and I are thinking about starting to try for baby #2 in the spring here. First baby was a c-section probably due to "FTP" after a bazillion hours of unmedicated back labor.... let's just say, I was done and happy to have a c-section at that point. It WAS my choice. Anyway, afterwards I hated it.. it was hard to sit up, weird pains all the time, the spinal awful, just an awful experience. I don't want that again. My son was 9lbs 10oz born at 41 weeks and at 37 weeks my doctor told me she thought I was going to have a c-section due to "narrow hips".. um.. okay, whatevs. I won't be going back to her.

I checked with the MN chapter ICAN website and there doesn't seem to be much info on VBAC friendly/natural birth friendly doctors. Can anyone direct me to a resource or suggest anyone, preferable in the south metro. I plan to deliver baby #2 again at Ridges in Burnsville. I'd be open to HBAC, but DH says heck no.

I am only open to seeing female OB/Midwife.

TIA!

shan1212 01-30-2013 09:43 AM

Re: Looking for a VBAC friendly Midwife/OB in Minnesota

I found a Bradley method instructor to give us a prep session before my vbac, and when I decided to change practices, I asked her for recommendations. She had a TON. I think all you need is someone with knowledge of the natural birthing community -- they'll know where to start (says the woman who had an epidural . . . but I did have my vbac!).

Kabuki24 01-30-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan1212 (Post 16224831)
I found a Bradley method instructor to give us a prep session before my vbac, and when I decided to change practices, I asked her for recommendations. She had a TON. I think all you need is someone with knowledge of the natural birthing community -- they'll know where to start (says the woman who had an epidural . . . but I did have my vbac!).

no shame in an Epi! I was happy to finally not have that horrible pain anymore!

Carlycompton 04-07-2014 02:27 PM

I have a 2.5 yr old and am 28 wks pregant. My first was as stat c-section for low heart rate after 2 hrs of pushing, ugh! I plan to do a VBAC this time. Not sure if you are totally set at Ridges Hospital, but the Midwife Group at HCMC in Minneapolis encourages VBAC's to appropriate cannidates :) My midwife says they do require a interntal monitor for occasional baby checks and a Hep lock IV, incase of need of meds.