Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Pregnancy (
-   -   Boy Name Help! (

mamabug 06-02-2006 06:40 AM

Boy Name Help!
I am 24 weeks pg and we do not know the sex of our baby...we want it to be a suprise! We have our girl name picked out, but are stuck on the boy name. I like totally different, one-of-a-kind names that hardly anyone else has. This is our 5th DC(and last) and I want this one to be totally special! Anyone heard of any that can give me ideas? We had 2 DSs already and their names aren't really the unique names that I wanted them to be. Help!!!

allycat 06-02-2006 06:47 AM

Re: Boy Name Help!
One idea might be to look at names from other countries online. I'm sure that you could get ideas that way.

CMamma 06-02-2006 06:52 AM

Well if we had another I'd name him Maddox - nice strong & unique name but alas, I will have no more! :)

I'd look online for names.

mamabug 06-02-2006 07:24 PM

Anyone else have any ideas?

rebyell 06-02-2006 07:31 PM

I've been hooked on lurking on this site lately. Very opinionated, but some good ideas!

Not all of these are "totally special" but how about Ezra, Elliot, Finnley, Owen, Landon, Oliver (my fav!), Harrison, Pierce, Nolan, Oscar, Sullivan, Wesley, Levi or Miles? It can't be too odd of a name if the other 5 are completely normal names though.

Fullhouse 06-02-2006 07:34 PM

My ds3's middle name is Mathias. It's a biblical name. I really would have loved it for a first name but dh loved Cole.:mrgreen:

SerenitysBowtique 06-02-2006 10:43 PM

I have 2 boys named Jeremiah and Javier. I like J names and others so how about:

We are going to decide on one of these names for our little boy due 07/16

drenotdoctor 06-02-2006 10:47 PM

If my dd was a boy, she was going to be Jonah Daniel. I LOVE that name!

Elphaba71 06-02-2006 11:58 PM

I helped name my friend's twins - the boy is Durin Alaric - Durin is the name of a dwarf king referenced in "Return of the King" - Durin the Deathless. Alaric is the name of a Goth King that sacked ancient Rome.

He lives in Indianapolis, and unlike his sister, Keya - we haven't run across anyone with a name anything like his. (Keya has a Kaia and a Kayla in her class at preschool).

My husband wouldn't go for as unusual of names, so ours is Griffin Rhys. I love welsh and celtic names!

myajdw 06-03-2006 09:23 AM

i swore i responded to this post...comp must've fritzed or i'm just not seeing my post lol. but i like Cade, Maddox, Fox, Donovon, Darryn, my bil's name is Tadao (i think it's a good one, it's japanese), i have more i just can't think right now.