Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   *UPDATE post 1* My little guy was born last night - 26weeks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075768)

DommysMommy 09-19-2010 08:42 AM

*UPDATE post 1* My little guy was born last night - 26weeks

I have a weird thing on my finger making it hard to type, but when they take it off, I'll write a more in depth post for ya'll and hopefully figure out to send pics from my mom's phone to mine.
We noticed some issues at our 20 week sono with babe's cord. He had some "benign" cysts. Well last night I came in for a non stress test because of seriously decreased fetal movement. After descel in his heart rate, they ordered a sono and saw the cyst had grown substantially and they performed an immediate emergency c section.
My little guy is doing really well, and weighed 2 lbs 6 oz at birth. He's already breathing mostly room air from what daddy has said. I've only got to see babe once, and no nurse or doc has come in to share anything with me.
I'll update as soon as I get this thing off my finger.

Maybe I'll start with my birth story, and then with the progress of things?

I did my glucose screen on Thursday, and my blood sugar came back a little high, so I went in to do my 3 hour glucose test on Saturday at around noon. I noticed by around 2 that I hadn't felt the baby move all day. So I called up to L&D (I was doing my blood work at the hospital since it was the weekend), and they told me to wait until my test was done and then go eat. If babe didn't wake up after I ate, to go ahead and come in for a non stress test.
So I went to lunch with my mom and at at 4:30. After I ate, I went to see my kids who were with their dad. I hung out there for a while, and still hadn't felt the little guy move. So I decided to go home and do a fetal movement count. This was at around 6:30. I ended up just pulling over on my way home and leaning my chair back to massage him and get some movement, but still nothing. So I went ahead and headed to the hospital.
They had me checked in and strapped up by 7. He started moving pretty good and his heart sounded good. Around 8, the nurse had called my MW and they decided I needed to drink some juice to get him moving more. That's when I started to get worried. Within 10 minutes of that, they had me on oxygen. Then another nurse came in and hooked me up to an IV. At this point I was starting to panic. No body told me what was going on, and why I needed an IV. I was texting babe's dad and we thought it best for him to come down to the hospital because of the descel in his heart rate.
Before Josh was able to get to the hospital, they moved me to a different room. My MW was on her way and she had ordered a sonogram. They had a really hard time finding his heart on the external monitors, which is what kinda triggered everything. The calls, the IV, oxygen, etc. When Janet (MW) showed up, she tried the monitors also and was having a hard time. We were still waiting on my backup OB to get there to do the sono. Janet told a nurse to bring in the L&D's machine so she could take a quick look. One glance over his heartbeat and we al saw how slow it was. She was trying to find his back so we could place the monitors better, but because of how slow the heart beat was, she had me roll over to look from a different angle, because she still couldn't pick up his heart, even knowing right where it was.
Moments later, she got up and went in the hall to find an OB. Thankfully one of their docs was in the hall chit chatting, so she rushed him over to take a look. He came in, scanned my tummy, moved up a bit from the heart, and there it was....the cyst. It was bigger than babe's head. This particular OB wasn't familiar with our situation about the cord cyst, but right away he knew what it was and called it out.
Everything went very fast from that moment. He turned off the machine. Janet asked if he wanted her to get it started. He said yes. I felt my heart drop, even though they hadn't said it yet. He turned to me and Josh and said he knew it was scary, to have baby this premature....WHAT? That's when I lost it. That's when I knew they were gonna take him out. They rushed me out, and within 8 minutes my litle guy was born. Janet said she thinks if we would've taken 15 more minutes, he would've died.

He was born at 8:49pm. 2lbs 6oz (at 26 weeks...who can miss that connection?) and is 14.8" long. So far, he's doing amazing. He's off the breathing tube and is on the CPAP. They let me hold him yesterday. They told me it was unlikely I'd get to hold him, but then because he was doing so well, they let me. His color is wonderful, and he's very active.He's been a little irritable today, so I probably won't get to hold him, but I've been able to visit him more today than yesterday, since I'm feeling better.
He has a great little grip, and loves to hold fingers. He seems to know who's touching him and he doesn't like to let go if he can get a grip on.
I've started pumping, and they've decided he's already doing good enough that they're giving him tiny feeds! The put a few drops of my milk on his tongue last night, and gave him 1cc through his tube about an hour ago. I'm so happy that he'd doing so great.
As soon as I can figure out how to get pics, I will put some up. He's so cute, you have to see him.
Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. I know they've helped him.

KaysieW003 09-19-2010 09:16 AM

Re: My little guy was born last night - 26weeks

:bighug: Praying everything goes well mama! :pray:

VeryChicBaby 09-19-2010 09:21 AM

Will be thinking of you & your little one! ))HUGS))

framus 09-19-2010 09:48 AM

praying for your little one!

PiecesOfKate 09-19-2010 10:11 AM

:hugs: Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

THBVsMama 09-19-2010 10:14 AM

I'm keeping that little guy in my prayers :hugs:

burnsis 09-19-2010 10:16 AM

big hugs! thinking of you all :hugs:

filiadeluna 09-19-2010 10:33 AM

Glad he is doing well, Mama! Have you asked if they will let you do any skin to skin (Kangaroo care)?

lauren420 09-19-2010 11:35 AM

Big Hugs to your whole family mama :hugs: You are all in my thought, I hope he continues to do well :)

shortcake2386 09-19-2010 11:49 AM

:hugs::pray: