Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What has your favorite age to parent been? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1405573)

MunkyCrazy 06-11-2012 10:49 AM

What has your favorite age to parent been?

Poll coming. I know most of the posters here have mainly younger kids, not sure if many even have adult children. I just added general ages.

The previous post made me think of this. I'm in the newborn loving group. When I had DS1 at a mommy n me group the 2 nurses who ran it mentioned multiple times how it seemed like I had infinite patience. I have no idea where that infinite patience went to but as soon as DS1 turned about 1.5 I was constantly frustrated and it's all gone downhill since. Give me a newborn ANY day! :giggle2:

I know others who have hated the newborn stage saying it felt unrewarding to give so much to such a needy person and get little in return (especially the first few months before they are starting to smile, laugh etc) or they didn't like the sleepless nights and couldn't wait to be out of the baby stage.

I know someone who LOVES the toddler stage. (I did too but that was before I had kids and could spoil my nieces and nephews then give them back :giggle2: )

I know each stage has its highs and lows. There are definitely things I love about my kids at 2 and 4. They are also still pretty young so we haven't reached many things yet.

doodah 06-11-2012 10:54 AM

Re: What has your favorite age to parent been?

Well my oldest kid is only 4.5 but I have taken care of a lot of kids under 5 (home daycare). They all have their ups and downs and I think it depends on my kids. My youngest is so sweet right now, 13 months but she is also not mobile ;). My middle one is finally getting fun and not so much work at almost 3 (super high needs baby). My oldest had a great stage from like 2 to 3 but now that she is 4, she is all drama and back talk. For me, there is no perfect stage but I really couldnt even choose.

ktmelody 06-11-2012 10:54 AM

I have had all age groups except for adult children.

And my favorite is still the toddler group. So much growth and wonder. Milestones etc. loooove 2 year olds.

sisu 06-11-2012 10:56 AM

DS is only 2, but I am LOVING the toddler stage. Mostly. ;) He's turning into such an interesting, cool little person now. DD is 7 months, and while I adore her, I can't wait until she's a little older. :)

Sigkap714 06-11-2012 11:05 AM

I only have my 3.5yr old, but I've helped raise my 13yr old sister and 13 & 14yr old cousins. My favourite stage is most definitely the brarnd new newborn stage. I'm talking birth-3mos.

Shyasie 06-11-2012 11:06 AM

I really like the baby and toddler stages. I love to just sit and watch my 18 month old, she is so determined and curious. I also have a 7 year old and a 4 year old. I do love things about their ages, but my 7 year old could use an attitude adjustment! It really makes me appreciate the innocence of my toddler. But, I love that my older kids can help out when I ask and do things without me. I also like that they don't follow me into the bathroom! Every stage has it's pros and cons, but so far the baby/toddler stages have been the least frustrating for me!

JAG's baby mama 06-11-2012 11:12 AM

I voted Other.

I love every age except 0-3.

I am sooooooo loving it that my kids are finally older. I did find my children FAR more interesting as babies than the babies I used to babysit for, but still babies are not my favorite.:yuck:

I have said many times I wish babies just came out as 3 year olds and my mind has not changed since having my own kids.:giggle:

ajane 06-11-2012 11:23 AM

This is kind of funny. I voted 5-9, but I would have never thought I would ever vote that. I am a baby person.......love, love, love babies! Love newborns, love babies, and always preferred to babysit for little babies when I was younger. But, I voted the way I did b/c my older 2 girls are in that category and they are so much fun. They can do so much, so easy, can completely take care of themselves. It is awesome.

hilaryisinked 06-11-2012 11:25 AM

Baby, specifically 6 months to a year. I absolutely love that stage even though they still don't sleep.
:)

Fashionably Green Baby 06-11-2012 11:27 AM

My youngest is 11 months and my oldest is almost 7 and hands down I like the 0 to 2 year old phase the best. I love every stage but in the first 2 years they are learning and exploring so much and you are their entire world. They are full of love and they don't talk back yet. My 6 year old is brilliant (really she is extremely gifted) but she talks back from the minute she gets up until she falls asleep for the night. My 3 year old is special needs and he is Jekyll and Hyde. He can be the most loving sweet cuddly child BUT he always will throw a fit for over an hour (without a break) about a banana....yes, a banana. He has always been "high needs" but right before 3 he was diagnosed with a severe developmental delay and he has a speech delay (diagnosed much younger).