Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1405770)

christina2babyboys 06-11-2012 05:38 PM

Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi. My name is Christina. I would LOVE to meet other mothers who leave their family's size and spacing up to God. :)

PS All you like minded mamas please look me up on Facebook! My name is Christina Cosgrove. Pretty sure I am the only Christina Cosgrove! LOL

supejed05 06-11-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi Christina. My name is Jodi. It's nice to meet you. :) When my husband and I were first married (almost 7 yrs ago), we practiced NFP for about 6 months. Since then, we have left the timing and the number of children up to God (except for a brief period when we used NFP because I had to make sure I wasn't pregnant or nursing because of dental surgery). We have two girls, aged 5 and 3, and a 3 month old boy. I don't know if I'm the sort of person you're seeking, but I'm happy to see that you've made such a courageous appeal to like-minded mamas. God bless.

ChelseaGirl7 06-11-2012 08:21 PM

Hi! I'm Chelsea! We leave our family size and spacing up to God. We have 4 kids, from 7 mo to 5y. We have had these beliefs since before we married(we discussed it while engaged). There are actually quite a few on here that are quiverful or open to life or providential or whatever you want to call it.

christina2babyboys 06-11-2012 09:07 PM

Hi Jodi. Hi Chelsea. So nice to meet you both! I am 24 yrs old. My DH is 27 and we have 4 sons ages 5, 4, 2 and 13 months. I am expecting #5 in December. We don't really know any like minded families. Except one of my dear (local) friends is in her forties and they have always left it up to God, but the Lord chose to only give them one child.

mvp529 06-11-2012 09:17 PM

Yep, we do. It took a few years after our marriage for the Lord to reveal this to us. Of course, there are times when our convictions are tried or people critisize, but the Lord has been faithful to us. Congrats on #5!! That is awesome. More kiddos for the work that the Lord has called us to do.

Misty
momma to 8, helpmeet to 1

christina2babyboys 06-11-2012 09:20 PM

Hi Misty! I love your photo! What a beautiful family!

mvp529 06-11-2012 09:28 PM

Thanks so much! I just figured out to get it on here. It is the first time since we had 3 kiddos, that we have braved the studio. Probably the last for a while too, lol.

Misty
momma to 8, helpmeet to 1

lecialefty 06-12-2012 07:13 AM

I'm not a mom of many yet but hope to be so I lurk here a lot. :giggle:

I'm Alicia and I have two girls, 2 years and almost 3 months old.

Right now we leave our family planning to God. My husband and I both agree though that if we need to prevent for my health that we will, but I don't see that happening at least for now.

oneduckstuck5 06-12-2012 10:05 AM

We have just recently come to that place...and to be honest I still struggle sometimes. I was on the pill during our first 10 years of marriage (we had 4 dc, 2 while on the pill :) ). Than everyone told us of course we should be done and we agreed. Dh had a vasectomy and God lead us to a change of heart when my youngest was almost 5. We had a reversal and now I'm pregnant with our 2nd reversal baby, #6 total. I'm thrilled now but when I was 1st pregnant this time for the first time ever, I struggled. My dc are so excited which helps as does having older dc. I go back and forth about what to do in the future but as dh pointed out we had the reversal for a reason (he would support me no matter what, but I agree fully with him).

So...we'll see what happens from here. I do believe that all children are a blessing and God has shown time and time again that He will provide abundantly.

christina2babyboys 06-12-2012 10:28 AM

Nice to meet you Alicia! I have seen you on here before. :)

Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you as well. The Lord does provide. Just keep on trusting him. I know it is hard sometimes! My husband and I are really young and have very little money. I stay at home and he works overnight at Sams. We make like $12000-$14000 a year with 4 going on 5 little ones. But the Lord always meets our needs. We dont take any help from the government at all. We have no insurance. But Jesus always provides. Look to Him and have hope. :)