Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   How frustrating (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439923)

ChocoChoco 09-04-2012 10:15 PM

How frustrating

I knew this was going to be an issue: finding a VBAC doctor. After googling and cross-checking with my insurance, I thought I found a VBAC friendly doctor. I called her office to schedule my first appointment for my second pregnancy and after a couple Q&As, the office lady says "you know, she doesn't do VBACs."

Great. So I glad I wasted my time researching and giving my info. It's not like she even asked why I had a c-section with my first or how my first pregnancy went or my age or anything! Just a straight "no."

It is just not what I needed to hear with my first phone call.

It shouldn't matter, since we are moving to a different city in a month (where I get to start a new search) and this appointment would just be an initial check up. I am ~6 weeks, idk! Out of principle, I don't want to see any doc that can't be supportive or open. Even if it's just for a pap and bloodwork.

Thanks for letting me vent. DH is tired of hearing it, since we are moving anyway. I did send a couple ICAN emails and I am hoping to get some help.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

umphreysmommy 09-05-2012 04:52 PM

Don't stress. Most mons don't see a doctor that early unless high risk or previous miscarriages. I think around 10-12 weeks is more standard. You will find a supportive doc!! Congrats!!

carriejb 02-03-2013 07:56 PM

Re: How frustrating

I agree. And if you don't find one locally, it really is worth it to drive an hour to feel comfortable with your doctor. I did this with my second, best decision I've ever made.

ChocoChoco 02-05-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriejb
I agree. And if you don't find one locally, it really is worth it to drive an hour to feel comfortable with your doctor. I did this with my second, best decision I've ever made.

Funny that you mention driving an hour. We ended up finding a great group of midwives at a hospital 300 miles away once we moved! I'm just glad to be out of my old town which is so VBAC unfriendly.

shan1212 02-06-2013 07:27 PM

I switched practices at 37 weeks, and it was no problem. I know how stressful it is to feel defensive with your practitioner instead of at ease; it's the worst. But the good news is that you have plenty of time to find somebody in your new city. The ICAN ladies will help you!

Harmony96 02-11-2013 05:04 PM

I switched OBs at 32 weeks and then switched to my homebirth midwife at 36 weeks.

ChocoChoco 02-11-2013 06:24 PM

I just decided this week to switch from the midwife/hospital for my doula who is also a midwife. The new plan is to HBAC instead! The more and more this pregnancy progressed and I thought about all the down sides of the hospital both for me and the new LO, it just made sense. 29 weeks right now and I am more excited for labor and delivery than stressed like before!

birdinhand 02-11-2013 08:53 PM

Glad you found an answer that works for you. :) As a doula I have attended many HBACs, and they are so relaxing and incredible. I am sure being in your own space will help you labor and birth more effectively.

Anna0623 04-02-2013 08:08 PM

Glad you found what you were looking for. I had to call over 20 providers before I found a few that would give me a nurse interview and consider me for a vbac. I have my first appointment with new obgyn tomorrow hoping to become her new vba2c patient.

maddies.mom 04-03-2013 03:22 AM

I switched at 32 weeks (am 36 now)... it's an hour away and across state lines!! Totally worth it.