Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   International (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Ordering diapers from Mexico? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450750)

Aingeru 10-05-2012 10:27 AM

Ordering diapers from Mexico?

Anyone here order CD's from the US to Mexico? How much did you have to pay for duty / tax? a friend told me it was like 400 pesos per diaper which seems crazy.

My DD has almost outgrown her NB diapers, and the 3 mexican brands I've tried don't fit her well and leak, so I want to order some Blueberry pockets and some Tot Bots eay fit, since those fit her really well. I have my son's BG 3.0's but the BGs are also not the best fit for her, she's a slim baby.

Diego&Amelia'sMom 10-05-2012 02:18 PM

Re: Ordering diapers from Mexico?

Yo vendo tambien, cuando se te ofrezca mejor que pagar tanto impuesto :s

Aingeru 10-16-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego&Amelia'sMom (Post 15774509)
Yo vendo tambien, cuando se te ofrezca mejor que pagar tanto impuesto :s

Hola! ¿Qué marcas tienes? ¿En qué ciudad estás? Yo feliz de conseguir los pañales aqui.

Probé muchas marcas con mi hija de 3 meses, y lo que mejor que le queda es Tots Bots y los Blueberry (Los Swaddlebees Simplex también ya le quedan bien, antes estaba muy chiquita). De las marcas mexicanas probamos Ecopipo, Rorobebe y Mamiplanet, todos se chorrean. Tengo los Bumgenius y Happy Heiny's que use con mi hijo pero le quedan grandes de las piernitas porque es mas delgada que el.

Aingeru 10-31-2012 01:55 PM

So I finally decided to take the leap and ordered 5 Blueberries from Nurtured Family in Houston. The package arrived today and I didn't have to pay duty / taxes! I paid $31 for shipping, but no sales tax, or duties at the border. My guess is it depends on where the diapers are made, since until recently there was an extra tax for items made in China coming into Mexico.

Anyhow I just wanted to let everyone know that it won't break the bank to order diapers from the US.

2+2macht4 11-23-2012 04:24 PM

Yikes man international shipping is a killer. I paid 45 once for flip inserts and it was still cheaper then buying in Germany.

Joys of expat living right...

Glad you got your diapers:)

Aingeru 11-23-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 15963030)
Yikes man international shipping is a killer. I paid 45 once for flip inserts and it was still cheaper then buying in Germany.

Joys of expat living right...

Glad you got your diapers:)

Yeah, and you'd think that since Mexico is right next to the US it would be cheaper. Heck Mexico City is closer to Houston than NYC is. But at least I get to hire help (i.e. housecleaning) for a lot less $!

Diego&Amelia'sMom 12-28-2012 12:48 AM

Y luego no te envian a mexico de todas las marcas, grovia no envia a mexico, creo que tampoco bumgenius, moms milk boutique hace envios a mexico

77Lipen 01-13-2013 11:38 AM

Free trade agreement between North American countries lets products made in North America cross NA borders with no duty.

Aingeru 03-25-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Lipen (Post 16151930)
Free trade agreement between North American countries lets products made in North America cross NA borders with no duty.

Not all of them, there are some exceptions. But I got lucky and the diapers apparently fall in that category, even though the Tots Bots are not made in North America. In fact the invoice did not state where the diapers where made and the package seemed intact, so I don't know how they would know at the border where the diapers where made.