Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Does anyone else get sad over not being pregnant anymore? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451424)

ashley84 10-07-2012 02:43 PM

Does anyone else get sad over not being pregnant anymore?

This happened to me when I had DS too. I'm not even close to being ready for another child. I'm quite overwhelmed with our family as it stands today. That said, I'm very sad that I'm not pregnant anymore. I was miserable at the end. I so desperately wanted to be done, but now I'm sad that it's over. I don't want to be pregnant with a new child. I just want to put the one I just had back in, but also have her out at the same time. It's a very strange mix of emotions that I have trouble describing. I really like being pregnant. I grow very comfortable with that title, in that role. Even when it gets physically miserable, I still like being pregnant. I super look forward to birth. When it's all said and done, I should be happy because I'm holding my baby. I get sad though. I adore her. I want to be holding her. I still want her inside of me too though. It's strange. I know.

crunchymamaNY 10-07-2012 03:57 PM

Re: Does anyone else get sad over not being pregnant anymore?

yes. With my last pregnancy, I really really wanted to go full term. I wanted so badly to be pregnant as long as possible, but at 36 weeks, my water broke. I was going to be moving the very next day!! I really really wanted to be pregnant for another month. I felt like I failed my own body, and let my whole family down.

With that said, I also just loved being pregnant. Yes, I was sick, and yes I suffer from Interstitial Cystitis (painful bladder condition which is made worse with pressure from the baby), and 2 bladder infections, symptomatic GBS, horrible migrains, and our office being taken over by another company, so I was also getting a new boss, I still wanted so badly to be pregnant still.

After I had my son, I went into depression that lasted almost a year. I had a very hard time with adjusting to so many new things....new work environment, new apartment, new baby, and it was so hard. It took me a long time to get past it.

Another part of me wanted to be pregnant longer because my husband didn't want any more kids. It was my last pregnancy and it ended so early for me.

BUT, I got past it. You will too. I figured, if I got pregnant again, I'd be happy, and if not....well there's always grandbabies some day!!!! LOL!

marvelous 10-07-2012 07:16 PM

I felt that way with my second pregnancy. I was a little sad it was over especially since we thought we were done at that point. I too mourned being pregnant even though I was happy to have my little guy in my arms. It felt like such a significant part of my life--child bearing years, I guess--was completely over. I loved wearing maternity clothes, the title, the anticipation, getting ready, all the little movements inside, all of it. I had a text book easy pregnancy and wonderful birth so I was a little sad to say that I was done.

This time, however, I am glad it is over. All of it. It wasn't a horrible pregnancy, but it wasn't that great either. Going past due made me insane, I was incredibly uncomfortable and I was so happy to finally have her out. The first thought I had in my head when she was born was, 'I can't do this anymore.' Maybe it's because I'm a bit older, but I'm past the thrill of being pregnant, giving birth, all of it. I feel incredibly blessed that I got to do it three times, with two water births, and have three healthy happy children as a result. At the same time, I strongly feel that my family is complete and I'm ready to move on to what else life has in store for us.

But hey, grandbabies...forgot about that!!! I'm also waiting for my sister to get started so I can be an auntie, so I'm good for now!

JulieBeth 10-07-2012 09:22 PM

Yes! I absolutely adore having her here but I cannot believe she's already 2 weeks old (today!) She is for sure our last and I am having a hard time with it.

erlyjo 10-10-2012 09:15 AM

I know exactly the feeling you are describing. I don't remember feeling that way after the first 3, but with this one I definitely mourned not being pregnant anymore. It seems to become such a part of who you are, that once you are suddenly no longer pregnant, it's kind of a shock. Luckily, it only lasted the first few weeks, and now that I'm 5 weeks pp I feel myself again.

katt42 10-16-2012 10:27 PM

I totally miss being pregnant! I am sad that I didn't fully appreciate it- this is my first baby and I had suffered previous losses so I didn't really connect with the little person growing inside of me. I wish I had fully appreciated the experience. I had a great pregnancy with few problems. My husband only wants one child, I am already working on him for #2! I plan to fully appreciate that pregnancy :-)

sandy_dandy 10-16-2012 10:31 PM

I don't think I'm sad, exactly, but it's strange not to be pregnant after having been pregnant for so long.

crunchymom2b 10-17-2012 06:07 AM

You summed up exactly how I feel OP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by katt42 (Post 15822106)
I totally miss being pregnant! I am sad that I didn't fully appreciate it- this is my first baby and I had suffered previous losses so I didn't really connect with the little person growing inside of me. I wish I had fully appreciated the experience. I had a great pregnancy with few problems. My husband only wants one child, I am already working on him for #2! I plan to fully appreciate that pregnancy :-)

I'm so sorry mama, that's how this pregnancy was for me. I wish no one had to feel this way :-/

crystaldoll 10-17-2012 01:27 PM

I got sad after my previous two, but I don't remember it being this bad! Between missing being pregnant and realizing how big the other two are getting (3&7) I have been an emotional mess! It is a mourning of our connection, she is not just mine anymore. At 5 weeks pp I am able to get through a couple days in a row without crying!!

el's mama 10-29-2012 09:52 PM

I completely understand what you're talking about. I'm not feeling it this time, probably because I went so far past my due date. I have several times touched my belly and gone "Aww..." when I realized there wasn't a little person in there anymore.