Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who loves baking? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455105)

Only 10-18-2012 10:37 AM

Who loves baking?

I do.

Anyone else?

I absolutely love baking cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc. Even if I couldn't eat any and just gave it away, I would love it!

dancingingrace 10-18-2012 11:18 AM

Re: Who loves baking?

I'm right there with ya...I LOVE to bake!! One of my dreams is to someday have a gourmet kitchen because I would actually use all of the little extras, and the space would be amazing! It is almost like a relaxation thing for me to bake, sometimes DH will say, "Why don't you just sit down and relax a little, you don't have to make anything." But, I just love it, and I love to try new things, as well! I can't wait until my girls are a little bigger, I'm a SAHM and we're going to homeschool, and I just can't wait until we can have baking days and just talk and "bond", lol.

Only 10-18-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingingrace
I'm right there with ya...I LOVE to bake!! One of my dreams is to someday have a gourmet kitchen because I would actually use all of the little extras, and the space would be amazing! It is almost like a relaxation thing for me to bake, sometimes DH will say, "Why don't you just sit down and relax a little, you don't have to make anything." But, I just love it, and I love to try new things, as well! I can't wait until my girls are a little bigger, I'm a SAHM and we're going to homeschool, and I just can't wait until we can have baking days and just talk and "bond", lol.

My husband tells me the same! I tell him baking is relaxing for me, it is my "sitting down."

My niece is at the age where we have baking days when she comes over. I love it! :)

waterisntsomething 10-18-2012 11:57 AM

Me too! I don't do it nearly enough. I feel like we can never eat enough of it and i don't have anyone to give it to. We are drowning in our chickens eggs though so I need to start making more. It would be fun to do a group bake every friday or something. We could pick a recipe and all do it and take pictures and discuss how ours turned out.

greencrunchymama 10-18-2012 12:00 PM

I love baking! Of course, I like eating sweets too much too though. :giggle:

mama_to_DJM 10-18-2012 12:12 PM

I love it too! Cooking/baking is totally a hobby for me. Luckily, it's something I have to do at least 3 times a day! :)

MomToJazmyne 10-18-2012 12:13 PM

I love baking as well....but I NEVER eat it. So far my DH has been willing to eat everything I bake and if ever gets tired of it he just takes it to work. It is just so much fun and relaxing to create something. My DD shares the same love. We don't have baking days because if we did that is ALL she would want to do.

I LOVE the idea of doing a group bake and then posting pictures and what everyone made.

slyfoxy 10-18-2012 01:21 PM

I enjoy baking when feel like it. Like here in a few mins going to go an make a pineapple upside down cake. :giggle2:

Only 10-19-2012 08:01 AM

A group bake would be a great idea!

The rule is no cakes or cookies from boxed mixes. ;)

KaleidoscopeEyes 10-19-2012 08:03 AM

i do, esp when im on a diet and i cant eat any of it lol dh had to cut me off last year because he was getting a gut lol