Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is there a statute of limitations on DiaperSwappers mod-issued warnings? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459804)

expaik 11-02-2012 05:46 AM

Is there a statute of limitations on DiaperSwappers mod-issued warnings?

... or strikes, for that matter?

I've been issued warnings over the course of about 18 months for having multiple threads in one FSOT category. I try hard to remember to check whether I have an old one before posting a new one but sometimes it's just so darn hard to keep track.

This last time the mod said that it was my 3rd warning and the next offense would result in a strike. I'm not really sure what that means - sounds terrifying - but I assume that it's related to having FSOT privileges removed.

What I'm wondering is whether these warnings or strikes have some kind of time limit (i.e. after a certain period of time they would expire and clear from your account, sort of like DMV traffic points, or accidents on one's insurance record) or whether they stay in effect regardless of how old they are. Such that the next time I make the mistake of multiple posts, I'm outta here?

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-02-2012 10:54 AM

Re: Is there a statute of limitations on DiaperSwappers mod-issued warnings?

They do expire.

I can check your user notes to see how things look on your account if you wish.

I do know that I have never personally seen anyone banned or blocked from FSOT for what you are talking about. I have seen strikes issued but it normally takes three strikes on something like this before further action is taken and I don't recall anyone ever getting to the third strike before previous warnings/strikes expire.

If you check your thread history before starting new threads in FSOT you can change the title of any you do not want to "sold" or "delete" and they will be moved out asap.

If it helps you feel any better, my siggy has gotten me many warnings. It is SO dang easy to go over the line limit :blush: :giggle:

expaik 11-02-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 15887505)
They do expire.

I can check your user notes to see how things look on your account if you wish.

I do know that I have never personally seen anyone banned or blocked from FSOT for what you are talking about. I have seen strikes issued but it normally takes three strikes on something like this before further action is taken and I don't recall anyone ever getting to the third strike before previous warnings/strikes expire.

If you check your thread history before starting new threads in FSOT you can change the title of any you do not want to "sold" or "delete" and they will be moved out asap.

If it helps you feel any better, my siggy has gotten me many warnings. It is SO dang easy to go over the line limit :blush: :giggle:

This is tremendously helpful and reassuring. Thank you!

I do check the threads to see if I have anything listed, but sometimes I am pretty sure I don't have anything so I don't check, and that's when it bites me in the butt. For example, I might list makeup in "Personal Care" and completely forget that I have nursing clothing listed under that category - because I think I have that listed in the Maternity/Breastfeeding category (or other cross-postable stuff).

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-02-2012 11:06 AM

I went ahead and checked user notes for you. You are trailing me slightly in warnings I think (but most of mine have expired at this point yay me :giggle:)

You have no strikes but do have multiple pm's on the same issue.

Your first warning was issued 05-03-2011, 09:41 PM so it has expired.

Next was 04-09-2012, 07:00 PM
You have had three including that one up through the most recent.

Actual strikes do expire in one year :thumbsup:

You don't have any of those though. I did see the last pm left in your user notes and it is a tad more forceful than they normally are due to there having been so many previous pm's on the same issue :hugs:

HTH!

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-02-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expaik (Post 15887520)
This is tremendously helpful and reassuring. Thank you!

I do check the threads to see if I have anything listed, but sometimes I am pretty sure I don't have anything so I don't check, and that's when it bites me in the butt. For example, I might list makeup in "Personal Care" and completely forget that I have nursing clothing listed under that category - because I think I have that listed in the Maternity/Breastfeeding category (or other cross-postable stuff).

:hugs:

If you ever need me to run a check on what threads are where, I am happy to help!

You can also run an advanced search and look for threads by you in certain forums. That is the quickest way to be sure that the thread you are about to start will be the only one in that forum.

I have made this same mistake. I caught my last one before a mod or member did though and since I didn't get caught I wasn't sure if I should issue myself a warning or not :giggle2:

I think I'm going to run go check my threads now :bolt:

expaik 11-02-2012 02:39 PM

Yeah, I know how to do it, and I should check more rigorously, but after months pass you start to get careless...

Thank you so much for checking my account for me!

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-03-2012 09:21 PM

Anytime!