Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Post partum mama cloth (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460544)

Lookame3639 11-04-2012 02:12 PM

Post partum mama cloth

I am considering mamacloth...just wondering how absorbant they are? Are they better than the giant pads they offer in the hospital? Are they more comfortable on the new stiches?

When I had my DS I bled very badly for two hours. When the bleeding didn't stop a half hour after delivery the doctor came in and told me I would have to stay on potossin until I began to clot. It was a very traumatic birth and took more than two months to heal properly.

I am considering mama cloth probably for postpartum then maybe go from there. Any advice/reviews/ ect

ETA- Does the numbing spray they give you in the hospital mess with the pads(cause repelling ect)? Does the cloth help healing time? I can see the days I am in the hospital I should use what they give me but at home...

omahonycm 11-04-2012 02:18 PM

I can't say enough about post partum mama cloth. It was amazing. It really made me feel more normal right away. Worth it!!

jaelynsmommy61607 11-04-2012 02:22 PM

My midwife asked that I used the pads that came in my birth kit. The reason being is they know exactly how much they absorb and can better monitor bleeding. Honestly the first few days they wouldn't have been enough. But after then 3rd day I was using them. It was awesome having them because pads make me get really irritated.

jessicanashville 11-04-2012 02:30 PM

Re: Post partum mama cloth

LOVE mama cloth! I used the hospital ones while I was in the hospital...they have ice packs in them!!! Once I got home I used mama cloth it is soooooooooooo much more comfortable especially on such a sensitive area.

omahonycm 11-04-2012 07:56 PM

I never had a problem with leaks but I had some pretty big pads. And I don't think I bled as much this time around as last time.

frogerella 11-21-2012 08:16 PM

I liked mama cloth b/c it didn't feel like I had a roll of wet toilet paper stuck between my legs. It felt dryer, and I think I bled less when wearing the cloth, but I can't say that as a scientific fact :) I don't know if it heals quicker or not. I get irritated from pads normally, so for me it probably did improve healing time. No problems with stitches either. I doubt the numbing spray would cause repelling unless it was oil based. I'd highly recommend mama cloth!

VeganCupcake 11-23-2012 02:50 PM

I never used numbing spray, but I used mama cloth after both of mine and it was great. I don't think the numbing spray would be a problem, either. I don't like 'sposie pads at all. My midwife thought my cloth pads were nifty, too. I had about 8 massive postpartum pads. I think I used them for a few days postpartum.