Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460950)

heyuitsme 11-05-2012 04:39 PM

Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

hi there, new thread up!

holiday questions...

thanksgiving, your house, someone else's house?

christmas, when do you put your tree up?

mommabritt 11-05-2012 04:55 PM

Hey Naomi! Long time no talk! How are things going?

Thanksgiving will be in Arkansas at my aunt and uncles house. My grandparents will be there along with my cousins and their families. Christmas Eve will be spent at a church service and day will drive to my grandparents to have lunch. It's not nearly as exhausting as it was when we lived in California.

Allison, any word from your family yet? I hope everyone is safe.

Melissa, want to hear about Hawaii!:mrgreen: Hope you guys had a great and safe trip.

Lifeisjoy 11-05-2012 06:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey was wondering why no one was in october..haha thx naoimi

Britt i didnt know you had fam in arkansas? We were just in hot springs for a few days to celebrate our anniv. Here is a pic of the nice inn we stayed at...
Well nevermind it keeps saying app is crashed when i try to attach..errr

The halloween candy clearance got me today at target! Ooops..

mommabritt 11-05-2012 07:01 PM

Yeah they live in and around Fayetteville. We are in sw Missouri so it's just about 3 hours from here. :)

estradaamyl 11-06-2012 07:35 AM

Good morning! I seriously hate the time change. Casper is all out of it. Yesterday he woke up at 3. Today it was 4. At least today I nursed him back down.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love to cook and bake. And eat. :giggle2: I always get stuck cooking wherever we go. Last year both my mom and sister got hurt. (Burn and sliced hand.) This year we are all vegetarian and yet my mom has a turkey in the freezer that she will make. Who am I kidding? I will probably make it! We are heading up to my parents for a couple days. I normally decorate after Thanksgiving. Last year my mom took out her stuff on Thanksgiving and had everyone to help. They have tons of stuff. My dad was excited to have the help for lights and all the blow ups.

I signed up for the Nov sew through your stash in Craft Chat. And I haven't done anything! I have high hopes of making a tree. I have all the materials. I bought them last Nov! I thought I would have a whole year to finish it. :giggle:

dagmomma 11-06-2012 09:59 AM

Re: Nov Chat - Aug '11 babies

My family is all well. My sister is without power still but everyone is safe and sound. My nephews will not start school until the 12th though.

We are actually going to NJ for thanksgiving. I hope gas is not an issue then. MIL and SIL will come down from upstate NY to spend the day as well.

After we get back then we are of to Disney for the week of the 10th. Then we get back and spend Christmas here relaxing and probably will not leave the house. Oh and I will def get it catered from Whole Foods and we will eat eat eat eat!!!!

dagmomma 11-06-2012 10:02 AM

So this made me laugh. I kept thinking wow I have not seen any campaign commercials we must not be a swing state. Well we are not but then I started to see more and more these last couple of weeks. So dh just said to me "Al, they do not have campaign ads on ESPN and The Disney Channel." It made me laugh bc I realized that is all that is ever on in my house!!!

YEAH for no campaign ADS!!!!

estradaamyl 11-06-2012 11:08 AM

I have a locked mailbox with a separate outgoing slot. I mailed our ballots last week. There must have been a new mailman that couldn't figure out our box. I found our ballots this morning. Glad it was today and not tomorrow! Off to the last minute drop box!

Lifeisjoy 11-06-2012 09:45 PM

Does anyone else agree that we should have a woman candidate for president? One that actually stands a chance...

dagmomma 11-07-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifeisjoy (Post 15905354)
Does anyone else agree that we should have a woman candidate for president? One that actually stands a chance...

Yeah but woman are so brutal to each other I think that would be the biggest hurdle.

I see it in the workforce and dh sees it at his work. I strong smart woman gets destroyed by the other women in the company bc she is smart, successful, and even goodlooking.

It is really really sad! Just my O