Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Potty Strike Help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463065)

lilcago 11-12-2012 06:06 PM

Potty Strike Help

Hi, I need Help
We started EC at about 2 months part time now he is almost 8 months and seems distracted on the potty and sometime wont even sit on it, or if he does tries to crawl off it. But we were still able to catch almost all the poops until last October I had a 2 day drill(Military) and DS and DH came with But we forgot the potty and DS went in his diaper at the end of the weekend. its been a few weeks and I have only caught one pee and poo, I don't know what to do. I feel as if he is on strike and I'm about to give up.

When I put him on the potty and nothing even for up to 15 min (sometimes in front of the tv) but then put in a diaper and Bam he goes its almost instant :banghead:, idk what to do ... before the 'strike' I changed only 3 poopie diaper in 2 months and pees in between diaper changes.

Please help US

maybe I should start over with diaper free time and relearn the cues, because the one he used before are no longer there.

PS: I go to college full time so that why we EC part time idk if that helps or not

strongwoman 11-14-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Potty Strike Help

I'm not there yet, but you might find some answers and support at www.ecsimplified.com. Andrea addresses potty strikes in her book. Check out her blogs, they might help!

lilcago 11-14-2012 09:44 AM

Thanks I'll check it out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

AndreaOlson 11-21-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Potty Strike Help

Thanks, strongwoman, for your kind words! :) I do address it in my book and I also have a new series of blog posts for the month of November. It's called the November Q&A. You can look at my home page and there's a little button for the 30 days of Q&A. I think there's about 3 or 4 different questions I answered from my readers about your particular problem. One thing I would also add to all of this is that you can do a reset by having your son diapered for 1-2 weeks solid and telling him every single morning, "If you really need to go, let Mommy know." If you have him in cloth diapers, that will encourage him to begin wanting to communication about it again. After the 2 weeks, you can do one full day of naked diaper free time and sort of airlift him to the potty each time he starts to go, saying the word "potty" very gently, and then you can begin the next day after that part-time, as your family does it, again. There are a few ways to nip it in the bud but I think that a variety of the most recent questions I've answered on my blog help might help you, just wanna point you to that resource in case you're interested. Good luck with everything. I'm sure you can get back on track. A baby doesn't forget that he's been EC'ed.