Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My Lazy Thanksgiving (to come) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464133)

missemily 11-16-2012 06:07 AM

My Lazy Thanksgiving (to come)

I have been saddled with making EVERY holiday dinner for the past 7 years. My husband's Mom and Dad show up and just expect me to serve them this huge meal. Now some years they told me they were coming and never showed up. My Mom got remarried so she never cooks anything or has anybody over since that happened. My dad might host one thing every few years but he's a chef so it's easy for him. This year I figured I would outsmart them by telling them I ordered Thanksgiving Dinner from Wegmans. Whoops now they won't be able to come over and expect me to slave over a stove for hours while pregnant and with a 20 month old hanging on me. Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I needed somewhere to vent this because I feel like I should be able to enjoy one holiday.

danielle 11-16-2012 06:47 AM

Dinner from Wegmans? Can I come? :goodvibes:

mommyinthesun 11-16-2012 06:47 AM

Re: My Lazy Thanksgiving (to come)

Genious!

canadianbakers 11-16-2012 06:53 AM

I would love to cook big meals for family, but I also know they would all pitch in to make/bring something to help out - they'd never expect me to do it all on my own! Goodness!

Hope it all goes well, mama! :)

Bananasmama 11-16-2012 07:38 AM

I live 26 hours away from family but my husband always wants a huge holiday dinner. I usually spend all day cooking just to make it feel like an even but I have a three month old this year and have told him that this year he is going to be cooking or he can expect a simple dinner that doesn't take a lot of time!

syfitz 11-16-2012 07:43 AM

Are they coming over for the Wegmans dinner? :) I hope you ordered enough or you just might still have to be annoyed. I think I'd start telling them you were going out for dinner. ;)

BoyCrazy 11-16-2012 09:38 AM

Brilliant, good for you!

L&A'smommy 11-16-2012 01:30 PM

Enjoy your year off mama (hugs). I debated wegmans this year but the $85 was too much for me. I <3 their food though. Yum!

missemily 11-17-2012 06:18 AM

We decided to just not tell them that we are doing it. I do have enough b/c the dinner is supposed to be for 12 people and we only have 5 in our family (well my husband eats enough for 2 people).

kocho 11-17-2012 09:54 PM

Good for you. I don't think it's lazy at all. It's practical, especially this year!!!