Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nausea advice? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464208)

MattiMaman 11-16-2012 11:05 AM

Nausea advice?

I am about 6 weeks along and nausea has hit hard. I'm nauseous all day unless I am actually eating. The nausea itself keeps me from wanting to eat...but once I start I don't want to stop since I'm not nauseous! I'm also only wanting to eat junk...cake, pizza and Coke (helps my queasiness). Any tips?

I'm very concerned about weight gain since I gained 60+ last time and developed complications.

knodceo 11-16-2012 11:06 AM

Try vitamin b...methyl b...also ask for b shots. Helped tremendously!

KelseyH 11-16-2012 11:11 AM

Since it seems like you're after carbs, can you try 100% whole wheat crackers? Reduced sodium would be good if you are eating a lot of them. You could break them into smaller pieces and chew for longer periods of time.. That's what I did, so I didn't inhale a whole box of crackers each day.

Have you tried getting club soda and mixing it with fruit juice? That would work if it's the carbonation or sugar that helps settle your stomach. You can also find carbonated fruit juice (I know Welch's makes some but I am partial to Izze). It's just as much sugar as soda, but it's natural (usually - check the label) and you won't be getting all of the preservatives, artificial color, artificial favors, and HFCS that you do from Coke.

Sour things also helped when I was nauseated. I would slice a lemon into a pitcher of water and let it sit overnight - and if I felt like eating but had already had more than enough, I would have a glass of water instead. When it was really bad, sucking on lemon slices helped, too.

Hope this passes soon for you!

EmilytheStrange 11-16-2012 01:20 PM

Re: Nausea advice?

well, bear in mind, for me, each 'solution' only worked for a week or less and then I had to switch to a new solution.

you can try ginger snaps. I would eat them fairly slowly, so I wasn't consuming a lot of them, but I was still in the process of eating and it helped.

mints, jolly ranchers, sprite or other caffeine free carbonation.

I used the wrist bands for seasickness for a little while.

dry cereal - again, eaten sorta slowly. applesauce, apples....

rorgirls 11-16-2012 01:28 PM

Depending on how you feel about meds, you can take Unisom at night. It was actually made to be an anti-nausea med but made people so sleepy they sell it as a sleep aid. I took it some with my last PG. Seemed to help.

Rachel

Mom2ManyBlessings 11-16-2012 01:32 PM

I used Rainbow Lights Prenatal Vitamins, the "Complete System" which has probiotics, ginger, lemon and tons of Vitamin B (B6, B12, B Complex) in it and helped a ton!! I could tell the days I forgot to take them in the morning, I felt way worse.
When its unbearable I take 1/2 a unisom ans it works.wonders!! Ive done that my last 3 pregnancies, it is a life saver. :)

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)

raymark 11-16-2012 02:15 PM

Anything ginger
Ginger ale
Ginger suckers

sleepydaisy 11-16-2012 04:38 PM

Protein

MattiMaman 11-16-2012 10:50 PM

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I've been pounding lemonade, but y'all gave me the idea to halve it with my seltzer water. Bubbly, no caffeine and less sugar!

I'm also going to check out Trader Joes and see if they have HFCS-free hard or sour candies.

I definitely need protein. I was able to eat chili tonight. I *think* I can manage hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I'm having a problem eating any food I cook (since I've handled it raw, smelled it, etc). I'm going to talk to DH about upping the restaurant budget and lowering the grocery budget for the next few weeks.

Has anyone tried preggo pops?

myclanof6 11-17-2012 07:03 AM

A very cool wash cloth kept on the back of your neck can help temporarily. I've never tried the preggo pops, my nausea only comes after I eat, usually after lunch or dinner. :/
Hope you are able to get some of it under control!