Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Girls names (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464286)

mom22sofar 11-16-2012 03:54 PM

Girls names

So need a bit of help with girls names. We liked katelyn, katie for short and Charlotte but both of these have been taken. We like piper and aspen. Any thoughts? Dh would live a ski name, hence aspen. Thanks

lovebabies 11-16-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom22sofar
So need a bit of help with girls names. We liked katelyn, katie for short and Charlotte but both of these have been taken. We like piper and aspen. Any thoughts? Dh would live a ski name, hence aspen. Thanks

I think Aspen is really pretty! If you love the name Charlotte, what about Aspen Charlotte or Aspen Kate? Piper is super cute too.

mom22sofar 11-19-2012 09:08 PM

Re: Girls names

Please?

lilannies mama 11-19-2012 09:47 PM

I like aspen to that's very original. You could always do Charlotte aspen & call her aspen. Then have both names you like

mom22sofar 11-20-2012 01:47 PM

Charlotte with our last name is really awkward-our last name starts with Shar so it just sounds funny. My DH has a middle name that he goes by and a first name that is really his middle name and it is a huge pain. I would never do it to our chlildren. Anytime someone asks his name I have to ask if they want his legal name, or what he goes by-it doesn't seem like a big deal but you would be surprised at how often it is an issue.

Our concern with Aspen is that it starts with As and worried about nicknames related to a** should we be concerned? It being a city isn't a big deal-we aren't in the US

twinpossible 11-20-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom22sofar (Post 15953822)
Charlotte with our last name is really awkward-our last name starts with Shar so it just sounds funny. My DH has a middle name that he goes by and a first name that is really his middle name and it is a huge pain. I would never do it to our chlildren. Anytime someone asks his name I have to ask if they want his legal name, or what he goes by-it doesn't seem like a big deal but you would be surprised at how often it is an issue.

Our concern with Aspen is that it starts with As and worried about nicknames related to a** should we be concerned? It being a city isn't a big deal-we aren't in the US

That would concern me with both names. So you like that type of name but want more suggestions? Any other parameters? I can give you a whole list :)

twinpossible 11-20-2012 03:14 PM

Okay for ski names how about...
Vail
Annecy (it's in France, I thought Annie would be a cute nick name!)
June (after June Lake in CA)
Sierra
Cortina (it's in Italy)

JennTheMomma 11-20-2012 03:54 PM

I think Aspen is super cute

kangasox 11-20-2012 08:47 PM

I like aspen too!

kangasox 11-20-2012 08:47 PM

I like aspen too!