Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   NTNP November 18th - 24th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464653)

ashliemh 11-18-2012 06:53 AM

NTNP November 18th - 24th

This is a thread for mamas who are not trying but not preventing pregnancy to hang out and chat.

Our Lovely Ladies

Lexy

Mommy2boys2007
Cormama
s@hmommy
fishingfor5
ChelseaGirl7
Ktmelody
ashliemh
angelacez
Rdesonia
boobmommi
Beaners Mom
Sweetmama26
Maddalena
lilg82882
Haleybailey
mamamarisa
MadeofStarStuff
Leaner
itsajoi
Lisathena
opheliaspins
waterisntsomething
pine_apple_goat
MrsAsh
EmmaGM
Mercy24
lynn97
Mamatoabunch
KatieB621
FishieKisses

:lostit::lostit:BFP'S:lostit::lostit:
casersmama
CharmedMama
kanga1622
simplyleah87
justjess
JackieMarieVDV

ashliemh 11-18-2012 07:00 AM

Re: NTNP November 18th - 24th

Question of the week:What fun Thanksgiving traditions do you have?

Answer:For us it is spending time with family :wub: My mom and sisters and I always go black Friday shopping together, but this year we are going to stay home and do our shopping online :)

AFM: Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts for my kids! After two hours at statcare yesterday they are both now on antibiotics. We had a raging ear infection and sinus infection. :( They had both been coughing for two weeks, but I waited on taking them in because I hate to give them meds they don't need. They have had coughs, but no other issues so I just figured it was a virus. Sometimes it is so hard to know what is best to do...I didn't want to over medicate them, but now I feel guilty because I wonder if I had taken them earlier we could have avoided this. :sigh:

Hope everyone has a good day!

pine_apple_goat 11-18-2012 10:35 AM

Aotw- we have two sets of divorced parents so things are messed up. We're still trying to create our own traditions.

Afm- I think I'm going to ovulate soon. Today is our anniversary, we made it through our first year of marriage. We've been together for almost 4 years though. Not doing much today, just relaxing with our sick DD. Watching shows on Netflix.

I hope you all have a great week.

lynn97 11-18-2012 11:47 AM

Aofw: we don't really have any big traditions, just dinner. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with my family this year after several years with my in-laws. They don't do the whole spread and few things are homemade. I think everything should be homemade, especially for a holiday meal.

AFM I'm just trying to get lots of work done so I can enjoy the week with my family. My body has been wonky lately but I should have I'd last week. We didn't dtd as much as I would have liked but we'll see. Fx!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 11-18-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat
Aotw- we have two sets of divorced parents so things are messed up. We're still trying to create our own traditions.

Afm- I think I'm going to ovulate soon. Today is our anniversary, we made it through our first year of marriage. We've been together for almost 4 years though. Not doing much today, just relaxing with our sick DD. Watching shows on Netflix.

I hope you all have a great week.

Happy anniversary!

lynn97 11-18-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashliemh

AFM: Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts for my kids! After two hours at statcare yesterday they are both now on antibiotics. We had a raging ear infection and sinus infection. :( They had both been coughing for two weeks, but I waited on taking them in because I hate to give them meds they don't need. They have had coughs, but no other issues so I just figured it was a virus. Sometimes it is so hard to know what is best to do...I didn't want to over medicate them, but now I feel guilty because I wonder if I had taken them earlier we could have avoided this. :sigh:

Hope everyone has a good day!

Don't feel bad! I'm the same way. Hopefully everyone will be better for Thanksgiving :-)

lilg82882 11-18-2012 03:12 PM

AOTW: we have thanksgiving dinner at my inlaws with my family there too. My mom, sister, brother and I have the tradition if doing black Friday shopping :)

AFM: I think I'm Oing or just did. Pretty sure we are out this month because I have been so busy we haven't DTD that often :blush: but we did Friday so maybe that will all it takes but not hopeful.

KatieB621 11-18-2012 07:10 PM

AOTW: We started the tradition 2 or 3 years ago with my mom and sisters of getting together on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and cooking all of our food together. We have more hands to chop, watch food on the stove/oven, watch kids, and can spend time together. We started it shortly after my grandma passed away so that we could be able to teach each other our signature recipes. My grandma was notorious for making dressing and it's sad to say that when she passed so did the recipe. Now we have no excuse because we are all around to watch/help each other with the cooking.

We also started spliting lunch with both my family and my in-laws (well...actually only half of them since DH's parents are divorced). We eat, very selectively, an early lunch with my family and a late lunch with his. This worked great last year because if we hadn't done this I wouldn't have been able to eat with both sides before going into labor. My DS was born Thanksgiving night last year....labor actually started around 4 PM.

AFM: Expecting AF this week. :yuck: It always ruins my holidays, birthday, and anniversary.....every one! Anyway, also trying to decide how to decorate DS's first birthday cake. Any suggestions? He's not extremly interested in anything but bluegrass music.....go figure?! The boy claps his hands and sort-of dances if he hears a banjo. :) FIL is comming in with GF on Tuesday night and staying for a week, which may turn out to be a great thing if AF is as bad as it usually is.....glad I have my Rx painkillers ready if needed. :(

MrsAsh 11-18-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieB621 (Post 15947797)
Anyway, also trying to decide how to decorate DS's first birthday cake. Any suggestions? He's not extremly interested in anything but bluegrass music.....go figure?! The boy claps his hands and sort-of dances if he hears a banjo. :)

Then I'd def do a banjo cake!! But I'm from KY and my DH is a banjo player, so, yeah I'm going to say that. :) Round cake, cut up a square cake for the handle....Um, this is a idea to use for DH's b-day!!

AOTW: Thanksgiving is the only holiday we celebrate, Thursday is diner with my fam, Fri is with DH's fam. This is our first year away from home. :( We'll get a rushed trip in, but it won't be the same.

AFM: I'm in the 2 WW and I'm so calm and at peace this month after freaking out last month. I'd thought about testing on Thanksgiving, but I may just wait until we're home and closer to AF due date. Not sure, I'd love to find out on Thanksgiving, but wouldn't be sharing the news with family. I have 25 ICs on the way and 3 FRERs in my bathroom. :)

Rdesonia 11-18-2012 09:44 PM

Traditions...

We don't travel or visit. We have a meal that we cook and then eat too much. We put up the Christmas tree on the weekend.

Still no AF... (Who would think that I'd ever be this eager to get a visit from my dear aunt flo?)