Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Should i go to the drs? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464747)

MyM&W 11-18-2012 01:54 PM

Should i go to the drs?

First off im 9w5d today.. I woke up early this am around 3 to go potty, when I woke up dh and ds had me squished in the middle of the bed so I had to get up in a pretty awkward way. As I was getting up it kinda felt like something ripped in my pelvis area. I remember thinking that felt bad and it hurt. I lid back down and couldn't fall asleep. Probably 10-15 minutes after I got up I started to get some slight cramps. I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up I had an awful lower back ache, I asked dh to rub it but it didn't help. I was also still crampy. I got up and made breakfast and they seemed to calm down a bit. It got worse again. We ended up leaving for some shopping and the whole hour ride I was having cramps and they were almost coming in waves every 1-2 minutes for awhile. It started to freak me out. They calmed down again when we arrived in town. Only to start back up again on the ride home. Basically I've noticed that they hurt so much more when im sitting. I came home and took a nice warm bath and just soaked...nothing. I'm still very crampy and its now 4pm. So 13 hours of almost non stop cramps. I haven't had any bleeding, but I've noticed an increase in watery discharge. Should I be worried? Do you think I just pulled a muscle? The cramps are about a 5 on the pain scale and sometimes peak to a 6-7...

evasimone 11-18-2012 02:03 PM

Re: Should i go to the drs?

I would probably call the doctor to be on the safe side. What you describe with the muscle pulling sounds like round ligaments pain, and that really really hurts! But is thankfully benign. But the cramping could be something else and better safe than sorry.

They do say bleeding without cramping is okay and so is cramping without bleeding. But since its been going on for so long I'd get checked out.

Nerissa 11-18-2012 02:15 PM

I would call. You just never know and I would rather err on the side of caution.

snugglesnsunshine 11-18-2012 03:05 PM

sounds like weak stomach muscle (join my club, haha) or round lig pain. sit up slowly and support yourself when doing it. that helps.

twinpossible 11-18-2012 04:32 PM

I think round ligament too, I had that A LOT in the first trimester but I would call the doc just in case. Glad you have no bleeding!

MyM&W 11-18-2012 04:34 PM

I called and spoke with the on call provider and she said since I am not bleeding I am probably fine. I'm still cramping (15hrs now) but it seems to be letting up a bit. I have an appt with a non ob doctor tomorrow, I know she won't be able to help with this issue (I'm going in for headaches) but maybe she can talk to one of the obs in the practice..

Funnyfarmmomma 11-18-2012 04:35 PM

I agree with the previous mama's sounds like round ligaments...not fun! I would call though just to be on the safe side and to ease your mind :goodvibes:

jessicanashville 11-18-2012 04:46 PM

My first thought was round ligament pain too. I had it super bad the other and felt bad and just real "off" all day like something was wrong...I took a bath and went to bed and the next day it was 100 percent different. Very strange. I hope it is just your body changing:goodvibes: and it passes quickly.

leyash 11-18-2012 07:22 PM

I get REALLY bad round ligament pain. When the round ligament pain starts, so does the cramping. It feels like menstrual cramping a good majority of the time. I've had cramps that have lasted for 1-2 whole days. They never double me over, but they can get fairly painful and uncomfortable at times. Taking tylenol will sometimes help, but not all the time. Heat doesn't really help, and they get worse when my bladder is full. Hoping this is all it is!

MyM&W 11-19-2012 05:10 AM

Well I woke up today and I feel so much better. Glad I never went to the hospital last night. I hate waiting in the er. I found a Doppler that a local mom is selling for dirt cheap so I'm going to get that tonight. :) hoping I can pick up a heart beat.