Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Teeth falling out really, really late? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465263)

paper_girl_76 11-20-2012 07:56 AM

Teeth falling out really, really late?

DD will be 7 on April 6 and still hasn't lost any of her teeth. The dentist says she isn't really close to losing any of them either. They are not concerned at all.

Has anyone else had a child that took forever to lose their baby teeth?

ouchienurse 11-20-2012 07:58 AM

I didn't lose my first tooth until I was 8 or so and they all came out just fine :-). My mom started to get worried and they told her it would happen eventually and it did.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

luvsgreen 11-20-2012 07:58 AM

Re: Teeth falling out really, really late?

My DD1 has just lost her first tooth. I think sometimes when they get them later, they loose them later. I wouldn't be worried. That just means when she does, they will fit her face better. She might get lucky and not have to go through the whole my teeth are too ig for my face phase. ;)

txmommytobe 11-20-2012 08:01 AM

Yes the later they get them, the later they will lose them . My middle son didn't lose any until he was 7. He was very frustrated when all his friends starting losing them in Kinder!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Steph Ed 11-20-2012 08:04 AM

Both of my children do. Like late, late six, well into 7 before they do.

Steph Ed 11-20-2012 08:06 AM

Actually, come to think of it, both of my children have had adult teeth coming in behind their baby teeth. The baby teeth just don't want to go!!! I've only had the first tooth I found like that pulled, the others came out with a little coaching.

danimdel 11-20-2012 08:12 AM

My niece was like that and it was fine...i think she was 8 when she lost her first. She is 10 now and now. She was actually born at 24 weeks and her teeth did come in a little late too. I had major issues because my adult teeth came in behind stubborn baby teeth and they didn't all move in and I needed major work done later. It was a pain.

mama_to_DJM 11-20-2012 09:53 AM

Yep, I do! My oldest lost his first teeth at 7 years 2 months, and that was only because the dentist pulled the bottom two since his adult teeth were coming in behind them! Then a few months later he lost his top two. That was over a year ago and he hasn't lost any more!

On x-rays it looks like he's close to losing more, but they're still hardly wiggly at all.

Oh, and he got teeth early too- 4 months- I guess he just likes to hang on to his baby teeth! :)

iris0110 11-20-2012 11:26 AM

Both of my boys lost theirs late. I can't remember exactly when Kearnan lost his first but he was either 7 or pushing it really hard and Tharen just lost his first and he will be 7 in just over a week. Many of their friends lost teeth at 5 or early 6 but nothing here. After Kearnan lost the first few his started coming out at a more normal rate. I remember my orthodontist offering to pay me if I would let him pull my last baby tooth so he could put the last of my braces on so it apparently does run in our family.

melilo 11-20-2012 11:33 AM

I don't think it can cause much issue unless they start to interfere with the adult teeth. My mil recently had a baby tooth removed and the adult is still up in her jaw. Doesn't cause her problems, so it'll stay there.

I had to have 6 removed at once so they could put my braces on. Not a fun experience. I think I was 13??