Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need dollhouse and barn recommendations (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465282)

Rainfall 11-20-2012 09:54 AM

Need dollhouse and barn recommendations

I'm trying to find a good, wooden dollhouse for DD (5) for Christmas. She has a bunch of the little mini figures like My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Tinkerbell, Lalaloopsy, etc that she plays with and they need a home. :giggle: She also does have Barbies, but hasn't gotten into playing with them regularly yet. I suspect she will play with them more soon though, as she likes to dress/undress them. So a dollhouse for the little figures is my main focus, bonus if it will also accommodate Barbies. (Or would it then be too big to play with the little dollies in it? I dunno?)

Also, my middle son (3) has a nice collection of animals now and loooves to get them all out and play with them. (Animal Planet and Schleich brands, for size reference.) I was hoping to find a nice (preferably wooden) barn or stable of some sort for them. The local library has an amazing wooden one that he just loves, but I'm guessing something like theirs would be way out of our price range.

Willing to spend up to $100 for each, but hopefully not that much!

Do you have a dollhouse and/or barn that your kids love? At first I was looking at the M&D fold and go ones, but I saw them at TRU in person and they seem pretty small.

MonkeyBean415 11-20-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Need dollhouse and barn recommendations

We have the Plan Toys dollhouse and love it. I also found one used- I think it's Ryan's Room- it's very very similar (I think the M&D natural wood one is almost the same as well) It's nice and big and reasonably priced :) I plan on painting the used one I got red and making it a barn ;)

Sorry so short- just wanted to post really quick- I'll come back with more details later

danielle 11-20-2012 08:40 PM

We have a Plan Toys dollhouse too. We love it and it will accomodate your little friends but not Barbie dolls.

lizgrace07 11-20-2012 10:50 PM

Check out Nova Natural. They have some nice choices for both.

navywifeq 11-20-2012 10:51 PM

We have the plan toys barn and DS loves it. He also has a barnyard of Schleich animals and they fit great. Its pricey but had held up well, we got it at Ecomom during the black Friday sale last year so that helped, I think they are doing a decent sale again this year. HTH!

mrspopo 11-20-2012 11:52 PM

We're shopping dollhouses too. I'm seeing the best prices on amazon so far, and most of those new don't come with any accessories so it would be perfect for you. I've been leaning towards the Ryan's Room ones, they are so simple and versatile. Grandma is paying, but we'll probably get one on craigslist if we can find a good deal.

For Barbies I saw a dollhouse at Costco that looked like it would work. I think it was around $80?? But you can pick up a barbie house at a garage sale or craigslist for next to nothing when you get to that point. I haven't seen anything that looks like it would easily accommodate small dolls and barbies. I remember propping up hardback books when I was little to make rooms for my barbies :)

A barn house? I never thought about that, but that would be awesome! DD loves her little animals so I might have to get one of those someday. I googled it and saw this amazing one on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Schleich-42028.../dp/B0012BQ622 Too bad it's so pricy.

Icryinbaseball 11-21-2012 01:22 PM

Michaels had some doll houses, castles, and barns that are plain wood (need to be painted and decorate. They were $30.