Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Storage ideas for dolls?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465312)

hac1224 11-20-2012 09:59 AM

Storage ideas for dolls??

For those who have more than one daughter, how in the world do you store the massive number of dolls? Mine have baby dolls, Lalaloopsies, a couple of Barbies, Strawberry Shortcake, and more. Plus it will only get worse after Christmas. Does anyone have any great storage ideas for a bunch of dolls in a small space??

luvsviola 11-20-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Storage ideas for dolls??

We have a doll crib. We just chuck the dolls in the crib when they aren't playing with them.

hac1224 11-20-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola (Post 15953213)
We have a doll crib. We just chuck the dolls in the crib when they aren't playing with them.

We've been doing the same with a toy basket, but their hair always ends up such a mess from being buried under the other dolls.

umphreysmommy 11-20-2012 12:02 PM

I store the barbies in an over the door shoe slip thing. I hung it on the playroom door and each Barbie goes where a pair of shoes would go

bluedaisyma 11-20-2012 01:00 PM

I don't have daughters, but plenty of dolls :). When my older boys were younger, I kept the barbies in a plastic tub with handle and all their clothes, etc. And the baby dolls lived with their stuffed animals- laundry hampers, their bedrooms, wherever. Now, my 2 yr old and baby don't have many dolls, but they are in a hamper in our room, on our bed and in a bucket in the family room with their animals.

Teresa 11-20-2012 01:43 PM

We have two daughters who share a room, and they have lots of dolls. We have a shallow plastic storage bin with lid for Barbies and Barbie accessories. We have another taller plastic storage bin with lid for Lalaloopsy dolls and accessories. The reason these go in storage bins with lids is because someo f the pieces are so small, and I'm worried about our baby choking. Plus, it's a lot of fun for them to pull out one of the bins to play, and then it's easy to clean up. Both bins go under my older daughter's bed. In the closet, we have a storage basket where we store baby dolls. And then we have a small nightstand with two drawers where we keep baby doll clothes.

I love Umphreysmommy's idea about the over the door shoe holder for Barbie storage. That would help their hair to stay nicer.

hac1224 11-20-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa (Post 15954026)
We have two daughters who share a room, and they have lots of dolls. We have a shallow plastic storage bin with lid for Barbies and Barbie accessories. We have another taller plastic storage bin with lid for Lalaloopsy dolls and accessories. The reason these go in storage bins with lids is because someo f the pieces are so small, and I'm worried about our baby choking. Plus, it's a lot of fun for them to pull out one of the bins to play, and then it's easy to clean up. Both bins go under my older daughter's bed. In the closet, we have a storage basket where we store baby dolls. And then we have a small nightstand with two drawers where we keep baby doll clothes.

I love Umphreysmommy's idea about the over the door shoe holder for Barbie storage. That would help their hair to stay nicer.

Thanks for the ideas! Right now we have 2 of those plastic drawer things in their room, but we really only use one. It's a narrow but taller one. We have a separate drawer for each: Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony, Mini-Lalaloopsies, Barbies (they only have 1 each right now), and Strawberry Shortcake. I'm hoping not to fill the other one up because it will be coming out of their room soon to make room for an upcycled dollhouse I'm making them for their birthdays (12/29 for both) out of an old chest of drawers. Besides that they really just have a plastic toy basket filled with dolls. Then they's couple of larger doll playsets that sit on top of ODD's dresser. I have one of those shoe holders, but mine must have shallow pockets as the Barbies just fall out when I try that. What I think I really need to do it utilize the space under their bed but I still have their old toddler bed and mattress stuck under there. I just posted it on Craigslist, but if it's not gone in a week or two I'm posting it on Freecycle just to get it out of the way since it's not anything worth a ton of money. I also just moved all of YDD's Weebles that she's outgrowing to my IL's house for all of the younger grandkids to enjoy. And I have a small My First Dollhouse that I'm going to try to sell or give away since they will have the bigger one right after Christmas.

Teresa 11-20-2012 02:59 PM

Upcycled dollhouse out of chest of drawers. That sounds awesome. Where did you get the idea from? Any chance of seeing pictures when you're finished? How fun.

hac1224 11-20-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa (Post 15954381)
Upcycled dollhouse out of chest of drawers. That sounds awesome. Where did you get the idea from? Any chance of seeing pictures when you're finished? How fun.

Here is one tutorial, but I had several I found on Pinterest. I can look them up later, but I'm going out the door. The chest of drawers I have is only tall enough for the 2 floors, though, and not for the extra drawer underneath. The awesome thing, though, is that I have exactly the right amount of wood from the drawer faces to make the shelves. The chest of drawers I'm using is one my dd had that the drawer fell apart on but is solid wood with a solid frame. I've got everything I need except the furniture and only spent $5. "hardwood" vinyl floor squares from Lowes for a dollar each, a carpet sample form a local flooring place for $1, and wallpaper from Goodwill for $0.99.:lostit:

Kimmyann 11-20-2012 05:19 PM

Inside a suitcase