Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Siblings bedsharing at what age? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465392)

menthomas 11-20-2012 01:39 PM

Siblings bedsharing at what age?

I would really love to move both my boys to a queen size bed when ds2 turns 1 the end of next march. He would be sharing with my 3yo ds1. Is that too soon? They end up sharing our king size bed almost every night as it is. So I figure everyone wins! :giggle:

iris0110 11-20-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Siblings bedsharing at what age?

I coslept with both of my boys from birth on so when Tharen was born Kearnan was still in bed with us. He didn't move out until he was 6 so that was close to 2 years of us all sleeping together. Tharen moved out a bit earlier but that was only because he could move in with his brother. I think he was about 3. He actually had his own bed in the shared room but they slept together (in a twin sized bed) most of the time. I wound up separating them because they would stay up and play all night and Kearnan had to get up for school. Several months ago I wound up moving them back into a room together and they love it. They are sleeping in separate beds most of the time now.

When my brother and I were little we shared a bed. I think my mother moved him into bed with me when we moved from WV to TX when I was 2.5 and he was 9months or so. We had a double bed that we shared until I was right around 10 and decided that I wanted my own room. I had bunkbeds after that but he used to come in the middle of the night and crawl into the bottom bunk if he couldn't sleep.

gigismomma 11-20-2012 02:40 PM

My girls started sharing a queen around that time. DD1 was 3.5 and DD2 was 14 months. They love it! We never had to transition DD2 from our bed to her own bed (sleeping alone), which was much easier on all of us.

menthomas 11-20-2012 06:06 PM

I'm really thinking they will do good together. They both love sleeping with people so I think they will sleep better together in the same room rather than separate beds. I just didn't know if 1yo was considered 'too young'

sisu 11-20-2012 08:43 PM

My two are 19 months apart; when DD was 10 months old, she started getting out of our bed at 4 or 5 in the morning and climbing into bed with DS. They'd sleep all snuggled up that way until 7 or 8, sweetest thing ever. So - all that to say that no, I don't think 1 is too young at all. :)

trying4more 11-21-2012 12:37 AM

I think your good to go!
I tried that because my first 2 kids slept with me until my oldest was 5ys and my bed just got too small.
I bought a queen bed for them to share and they HATED it! I bought bunk beds and they LOVED it! The rest of my kids HATE co-sleeping! (I miss it!)

Dmpmercury 11-21-2012 01:25 AM

My ds moved into the bed with my dd who was 3 at the time. They both did good.