Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I miss my jillian michaels exercise.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465419)

MyM&W 11-20-2012 02:41 PM

I miss my jillian michaels exercise....

I used to do the Kickboxing in the biggest winner series. It wasn't hardcore much..barley winds me. But involves a lot of jumping jacks, some torso twists...if I was used to it before can I still resume it? I'm 10 weeks. I just feel gross and feel flabby now...haha

babyrosie 11-20-2012 07:04 PM

Re: I miss my jillian michaels exercise....

Why couldn't you do it? Assuming you don't have any health concerns. I continued all my workouts including long and interval runs, and difficult circuit training/ body pump hour long classes at the gym. Working out 4-5 days a week, not light work outs. The only thing changed is I don't lay flat on my back starting about 16weeks (I am 19 weeks now) so for abs I do planks and obliques. Other than that, I still kick booty in the gym :) it makes for a healthier mom and baby. My OB fully supports me continuing my exercise routine. I say do what you are comfortable doing. GL!

MyM&W 11-21-2012 07:50 AM

I've just always heard/been told to do light exercise...I dunno. I just NEED to do more then walk. I feel like I'm not toned anymore and it makes me in a bad mood!

jaelynsmommy61607 11-21-2012 07:54 AM

I've always read you should continue continue your normal work out. My midwife asks that her patients work out 30 min a day 6 days a week.

Kiliki 11-21-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyrosie (Post 15955263)
Why couldn't you do it? Assuming you don't have any health concerns. I continued all my workouts including long and interval runs, and difficult circuit training/ body pump hour long classes at the gym. Working out 4-5 days a week, not light work outs. The only thing changed is I don't lay flat on my back starting about 16weeks (I am 19 weeks now) so for abs I do planks and obliques. Other than that, I still kick booty in the gym :) it makes for a healthier mom and baby. My OB fully supports me continuing my exercise routine. I say do what you are comfortable doing. GL!

yes, this.

When it becomes uncomfortable for you to lie on your tummy, don't do it anymore.

If something really hurts, you should chill out on that particular exercise, or replace it with something else.

Other than that, working out is GOOD for you when you are pg. (and any other time in life!)

Listen to your body and use common sense. Sounds like your body misses its daily workout!!:thumbsup:

keen1981 11-21-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
I've always read you should continue continue your normal work out. My midwife asks that her patients work out 30 min a day 6 days a week.

This. Research now indicates healthier moms AND babies come from pregnancies with fitness. Even intense fitness. My rule of thumb (and I ran a 1/2 marathon at 27 weeks) is if it's uncomfortable stop. But your heart rate is a good thing to get pumping!! Gets that baby lots of fresh blood! And really gets the endorphins going!! It's okay!

keonli 11-21-2012 07:59 AM

I was quite active before my pregnancy, so I tried to stay active. My morning sickness (which extended to 24 hour sickness) prevented that, but when I felt a bit better, I found that prenatal yoga, on top of walking and just keeping active around the house and at work, really helped out. I also do lots of squats (great for my back and hip pain).

*TinyJoys* 11-21-2012 11:42 AM

I think its perfectly safe if your body is already used to the work-out. Also, like everyone else said, I would avoid laying on the back and anything that makes you sore afterward. I LOVE the Jillian Michaels work-outs, they always get me very pumped and I feel good after them. Right now I'm feeling pretty crummy and am VERY lazy since I'm in the first trimester (about 8 weeks) and have some nausea and VERY low energy. All I do is some leisurely walks. As soon as I feel better I'm going to start speed walking and swimming. I love swimming when pg.

oregonmom 11-21-2012 11:45 AM

Yes, you usually can continue whatever you were doing before until it becomes uncomfortable to continue.