Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Teething nexklaces (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465428)

bmacnak 11-20-2012 04:03 PM

Teething nexklaces

I'm looking for info/ advice on the amber teething necklaces and if they are all the same or some more reputable than others?? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Lovinfluffybuns 11-20-2012 04:22 PM

Re: Teething nexklaces

A lady in my town sells them locally, She told me that the darker the amber the more succinic acid it has, and that unpolished is better, I have tried these necklaces on 3 kids and only found it really effective on one child and mildly effective on the other 2 though.

PurpleDaffodil 11-20-2012 04:53 PM

Inspired by Finn is the popular one on DS, but actually they say the lighter the amber and unpolished is better.

bmacnak 11-28-2012 03:41 PM

Any more ladies to chime in??

I plan on this being my 6mo old ds Xmas present. He has been teething for almost 2 months with no teeth so far. Ds1 was teething one day, teeth the next, never any big probs.

MandaMommy2 11-28-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmacnak
Any more ladies to chime in??

I plan on this being my 6mo old ds Xmas present. He has been teething for almost 2 months with no teeth so far. Ds1 was teething one day, teeth the next, never any big probs.

I'm very interested in this to. I didn't know there were different types of amber and all that. I wanted to get one of these for my little one for Christmas too. She's only three months but she just started drooling like crazy and biting.

bmacnak 12-07-2012 09:39 PM

Bump

rhodesestrada 01-05-2013 12:37 PM

Would a bracelet be as effective or does the increased amount of amber in a necklace make a difference? Just curious before the teeth come in to try bracelet.

Spunkify 01-05-2013 12:40 PM

Everything hazelwood and baltic amber I've purchased has been from Inspired By Finn. Regarding the bracelet, they say for the greatest effectiveness to put it closest to the place you're trying to relieve pain from so in the case of teething you'd probably want a necklace but a bracelet may work also.

Esmerelda_RB 01-08-2013 09:46 AM

I just wanted to say that a bracelet could pose a definite choking hazard with a little baby. Stick with the necklace.

We have an amber necklace that has a spectrum - dark and light. It seemed to work ok... not a miracle cure, but she tended to be a little less cranky with it than without it. BUT, I noticed that you need to have baby wear it all day for a few days before you notice a difference (take it off at night/naps).

LaurenR 01-09-2013 09:30 PM

This may not be what you're looking for, but I ended up buying a wooden and crocheted bead nursing necklace for my daughter because it caught her attention and gave her something to chew on while teething. I found a lovely selection on Etsy. She loved it from 6 to 9 months and has now outgrown it.