Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Please tell me baby will be fine...spotting and low progesterone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465488)

mothergooseofthree 11-20-2012 05:40 PM

Please tell me baby will be fine...spotting and low progesterone

I am 6 1/2 wks pg. I have never had pg issues in the past with my three other kids, but that was over eight years ago, and I am thirty-nine now.

I started spotting last night, brown blood. I saw the nurse today and had blood work done. My progesterone is low and doc prescribed Prometrium 200mg per day.

I am very nervous about not only carrying this baby to term, but that it will be normal and healthy.

happymama1 11-20-2012 05:46 PM

Re: Please tell me baby will be fine...spotting and low progesterone

:hugs: mama!

I had brown spotting and low progesterone with my first child at 6 1/2 weeks. I took prometrium throughout my first trimester and everything progressed very smoothly and my daughter is a very healthy 6 year old.

My doctor told me that prometrium would not be a "miracle" pill, but if that my baby was healthy, it could help support the pregnancy, but if my progesterone was low because I was starting to miscarry (presumably an unhealthy baby), the prometrium wouldn't help.

Since then, I've had 6 more pregnancies. I have taken prometrium with all of them....3 were early miscarriages (around 5-6 weeks), 2 were my other two living children, and one is my current pregnancy.

My comfort in taking prometrium was that I felt like I was doing everything I could and the rest was out of my hands. My children have had no ill effects from the prometrium.

stevensmom 11-20-2012 05:50 PM

couldn't have said that any better :hugs:

I had two losses and on my next pregnancy my ob prescribed me prometrium. I took it for 12 weeks and my prometrium baby is now napping at 26months old. She has no effects (that I can tell :giggle2: she doesn't talk much but I think that has nothing to do with taking the progesterone).

Now I got pregnant again and got on prometrium as soon as the pee stick dried. Unfortunately I lost that baby at 9 weeks.

HeatherlovesCDs 11-20-2012 06:01 PM

With my last pregnancy (baby is 6wks), my progesterone wasn't just low. It was severely low and dropping. I was pregnant through an frozen embryo transfer and had my progesterone and hCG done several times. I was literally probably only hours or a day from losing the pregnancy due to low progesterone...it went from 7 to 5 and we didn't find out it was that low till 2.5 days after it dropped from 7 to 5. We assume it was even lower and I really could feel my body trying to shed my lining. Everyone thought I was going to lose the pregnancy, including the doctor and nurse and me. The progesterone saved my baby. He is now 6wks old and hopefully falling asleep so I can pick up. LOL.

Good luck!!

(Just for anyone who reads this and knows about FET's and progesterone...I was already on progesterone support. They changed me to the shots and upped my dosage. :))

twinpossible 11-20-2012 06:19 PM

I tend to have low progesterone in pregnancy so I always supplement. I also take Welcome Womb in the first trimester, it helps to prevent miscarriage. Not a "magic" tonic or anything, it cannot save a baby that is not meant to be BUT it can help if your body is being unsupportive. Bottom line is there are many of us who have been in your shoes and have living children, stay positive. Worry will not help.

brookglen 11-20-2012 11:28 PM

I had really low progesterone. I spotted for four weeks with this baby. After a while it stopped scaring the bananas out of me and was just annoying. I also spotted with my last baby. Is not fun, but it's common enough. Hang in there!

mothergooseofthree 11-21-2012 08:43 AM

Thanks ladies! I needed this.

I started bleeding a little more last night, but it's still brown and no cramping. I took my first progesterone last night, too.

The upside to this, after I fell asleep sitting up last night, dh cleaned the kitchen and folded the laundry. That has NEVER happened! I love that man!

d_arnold 11-21-2012 09:10 AM

I had low progesterone and spotted every day from 6 weeks to 12 weeks. I even had two episodes of bright red bleeding. My daughter is a healthy and happy toddler now.

I know it's scary, but try to stay positive. Spotting is very common.

mothergooseofthree 11-23-2012 09:41 AM

Well, Wednesday I started bleeding heavier and red. I have been cramping and bleeding ever since. Doc told me to stay in bed and continue on progesterone.

I haven't passed any clots yet, but my pg symptoms are gone. Dh, the kids, and I have accepted that this baby is not to be. I am just ready for my body to be normal again.

stevensmom 11-23-2012 09:41 AM

:bighug: so sorry sweetie