Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Question about Trade (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465571)

jackobeano 11-20-2012 11:13 PM

Question about Trade

So I worked out a trade with a mama on here and we agreed to a ship date. I sent on said day and awaited my package from her. Once I knew her package should have arrived to her I messaged asking if she had received it and asking when she had shipped mine and if she had the delivery confirmation number. I didn't hear back so few days later sent another message asking the same thing as my package had still not arrived. She finally messaged back saying she had to travel for family issues, had taken my item with her but hadn't gotten to ship it but had called her mom and had her ship that day. This was over a week since agreed on ship date. I waited till the package should have arrived and when it didn't I messaged asking if she had the DC# so I could track and if she knew how the package had been shipped. She messaged back saying she would ask her mom for the DC# but knew it had been shipped priority because she had told her mom to send that way. I told her if it was shipped priority it should definitely have arrived already. She never messaged me back but I finally received my package a few days later. The package was sent priority but not till six days after she assured me it was sent and the same day as my last message to her. To top it all off she had told me my item was in like new condition but it was not :( I messaged her letting her know of my frustration in the communication and shipping as well as the item not being as described. I'm not wanting to trade back or anything but she never even acknowledged my message. Bottom line I'm trying to decide what kind of feedback to leave.

I_run_with_scissors 11-21-2012 05:10 AM

Re: Question about Trade

id probably leave negative, sounds like a pretty bad transaction to me! poor communication, outright lying to you and not as described, certainly not someone id want to trade with!

pottermomma 11-21-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
id probably leave negative, sounds like a pretty bad transaction to me! poor communication, outright lying to you and not as described, certainly not someone id want to trade with!

This.

However I would wait to see if she responds to your message about your frustrations and if she doesn't I'd leave negative... but not until she's had a chance to try and make it right.

Nerissa 11-21-2012 07:13 AM

I would leave negetive. Even if she does try to make it right it was still not a positive transaction. She didn't ship when stated, you had to message her more than once to get her to ship the package, lying about when and how it was shipped and item not as described. IMO that does not deserve postive at all. Others should be warned of what could happen if they trade with her. That it could take more work on thier part to get said items.

Maybe if people were more willing to leave correct feedback there wouldn't be so many posts about bad transactions --okay sorry for the mini rant. I am dealing with a bad seller.

I have little sypmothy for those that have issues getting to a PO/shipping. If I can manage to ship within 3 days and I WOH with three kids 30 min from home.

s@hmommy 11-21-2012 07:17 AM

Negative. I doubt anyone else would want to deal with trading with her with that transaction in mind.

abunchoflemons 11-21-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors (Post 15956239)

Agreed.

whitneywalters 11-21-2012 09:59 AM

If you want you can send me the information and I can try to help also.

anniekins1488 11-21-2012 11:01 AM

This sounds eerily familiar. Several of my recent trades and purchases have been far less than stellar. I'm waiting on a purchase right now that I paid for 10 days ago. It was finally accepted at the PO 2 days ago, and seller won't respond to my PMs. :(

I'm always afraid to leave neg/neutral feedback. I know they'd retaliate with neg/neutral as well and that's not fair.

I_run_with_scissors 11-21-2012 11:10 AM

^ dont hesitate to leave appropriate FB please!!! if they leave you bad FB as retaliation the mods will take care of that, it goes against DS rules

pottermomma 11-21-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors
^ dont hesitate to leave appropriate FB please!!! if they leave you bad FB as retaliation the mods will take care of that, it goes against DS rules

100% this!

More people need to leave neutral/negative when it is due and like stated above you can't be retaliated against.