Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do we or don't we.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465709)

GodLover 11-21-2012 03:36 PM

Find out the gender? We already have 3 kids (2 boys 1 girl) I don't really care either way but I'm not sure I want I wait to find out either....I love the idea of the surprise but Im not sure I can wait ahhhh
Moms who don't find out tell me why an how special ur surprise was.
Moms who have found out in the past like myself if you could do it again Or have done it again would you not find out?

cheezpoofs 11-21-2012 04:04 PM

Re: Do we or don't we....

We found out before birth with our first and didn't with our second. I absolutely LOVED the surprise at birth and we are going the Team Green route again this last time. It was great knowing for our first and easy to shop for him knowing he was a boy, but there was no major difficulties with the not knowing for our second either. This time, my only "difficulty" of not knowing is that I can't shop. Finding out the sex of the baby at birth is really awesome and I recommend you do it, especially since you have boys and a girl and either one won't cause you any particular disappointment. :thumbsup:

myclanof6 11-21-2012 04:15 PM

We have 3 boys, 1 girl and found out with all of them. Since this is our (planned) last I didn't want to find out so we didn't. DH still wants to know but he's getting more excited about not finding out since my c/s is in 4 weeks. My thought was we have boys and a girl and since we aren't planning on more it would be pretty awesome.
My argument to him was that he gets to be the one to tell me in the OR and he gets to be the one to walk out and tell everyone.

SaraElise 11-21-2012 04:39 PM

We have 2 boys and a girl and found out with all 3 of them, this time we are waiting so we can have that experience too. It might just kill me though! I would be finding out in about 10 weeks, now I have to wait about 27 more instead!

raymark 11-21-2012 04:41 PM

I will definately find out again. I feel so deeply attached the day our developing LOs are named. I talk to my babies in utero by name & feel so incredibly bonded before the birth by knowing the gender. I believe that finding out allows me to purchase more specific gifts & necessities that I'm able to put more thought into & it allows me to feel more prepared than I would otherwise.

mommycass 11-21-2012 05:17 PM

I found out with my first 2(a boy and girl), and didnt with our third(girl). We really wanted to know this time(our 4th) and found we are expecting a boy.
I didn't like not knowing as much. We felt like our third might be a boy and had a boy name picked but never decided on a girls name. We weren't disappointed that she was a girl, just felt more prepared for a boy. I like shopping and preparing for a specific gender more. I'm not a huge fan of lot of yellows and greens, just me. Or shopping for both genders and needing to return afterwards.
If you decide to go green I suggest not leaning towards one gender or the other. I think that was a mistake for us, lol!

mommycass 11-21-2012 05:17 PM

DP

MommaLEB 11-21-2012 05:37 PM

We didn't find out last time and I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides the idea of the amazing surprise, the idea of referring to something inside me by name creeps me out honestly. I have a weird hang up about it.

EmilytheStrange 11-21-2012 06:03 PM

We didn't find out last time and we didn't find out this time (our 20 week ultrasound was the last one, so there's no more chances to change our mind).

We almost found out this time. Just because it would be nice to know. But, I'm mostly glad we didn't.

It was wonderful finding out at delivery time with DD. A little less exciting than planned since it ended up being an emergency csection and one of the techs just said something about the baby being a girl. I had wanted DH to tell me what we had. Hopefully that will happen this time.

honestly, I think this time, I mostly didn't find out for the novelty of it. Most of my friends are driven insane by the fact that I don't know. And that amuses me.

If you've never done it, I highly recommend it.

oregonmom 11-21-2012 06:14 PM

I have always found out not because I really care if it is a boy or girl, but because I can not find enough gender neutral clothes that I like. So I have to know if I need to by boy or girl clothes.