Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Best Fashion Doll? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466067)

galesville1980 11-23-2012 02:15 PM

Best Fashion Doll?

Im looking to get my dd 2.5 a fashion doll...I see each store has their own form of American Girl...target has Generation Girl..toy r us has Journey Girls. What is your kiddos fav? Thanks

annb 11-23-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Best Fashion Doll?

Is she interested in that type of doll already? Usually at 2.5 they are more into baby dolls. I like the American girl the best by far, but not for a 2.5 yr old. I'd do Bitty Baby for that age, or a Corolle.

galesville1980 11-23-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annb (Post 15962877)
Is she interested in that type of doll already? Usually at 2.5 they are more into baby dolls. I like the American girl the best by far, but not for a 2.5 yr old. I'd do Bitty Baby for that age, or a Corolle.

She is doll crazy and has lots of dolls of all ranges. She love dressing things up so thought she might like a fashon doll. She does have a baby alive that u can buy clothes for...but i thought something like this would be fun for her.

Leeldoo 11-25-2012 08:19 PM

If you want to go with a 18 in doll, even though she is very young.... Try the Our generation dolls, it can be a "starter doll.. My 3 year old has done well with her OG doll, although she still needs help with some of teh outfits and her hair brushing skills are being worked on. I felt it was a lower cost to get a OG doll versus AG just to give her a chance to learn how to properly care for an AG. She has asked for an AG doll for Christmas and I am planning on getting her a used one.

Also, If you have a Tuesday morning near by, they often have a variety of nice dolls this time of year, name brand, but reduced cost.

I would also like to add-- Corolle dolls are wonderful and my daughter's favorite doll is a Corolle Calin

luvsviola 11-25-2012 08:40 PM

We love Bitty Baby for the younger years in our house. DD got her first American Girl doll for Christmas when she was 3.

essential1892 11-25-2012 09:58 PM

My 3 year old DD loves her Bitty Baby doll. I think my mom may get her an American Girl doll for Christmas (I am so jealous because growing up I always wanted an American Girl doll but we couldn't afford them and now my mom is an American Girl doll hoarder).

Rhianna'sMommy 11-26-2012 08:03 AM

If you can afford it I'd recommend a bitty twin from American girl (you can buy them individually). It is a nice combo between fashion doll and baby doll. The twins have nice hair that is easy to brush (the our generation dolls hair gets yuck quick and is not easy to brush after a few days of playing with it even if the kid is gentle). We've put dresses for the 18inch dolls on the bitty twin just fine. The bitty twin is the same size as the bitty baby so they where bitty baby clothes.

Dd2 got a bitty twin twin when dd1 got her american girl doll. She loved getting to brush her hair like dd1 did with her doll. But sheliked that her doll was a bit more babyish at that age (she was 2.5 when she got her doll). We thought the bitty twin was a nice combo of a little grown up but still more a baby doll.

escapethevillage 11-26-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeldoo (Post 15970113)
Also, If you have a Tuesday morning near by, they often have a variety of nice dolls this time of year, name brand, but reduced cost.

I would also like to add-- Corolle dolls are wonderful and my daughter's favorite doll is a Corolle Calin

Tuesday Morning has some of the best dolls i've seen anywhere. You never know what they'll have, or when...but, I love their selection.