Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Beco Butterfly 2 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466136)

Catbutt Diapers 11-23-2012 07:25 PM

Beco Butterfly 2

Please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly about the Beco Butterfly 2. Thanks very much!
Oh, it will be worn by a 5 foot nothing very petite lady :)

lynn97 11-23-2012 09:40 PM

I have one and like it. It fits me well and I'm n,y 5'2". My DS is 16 months old, though and I find the Y harness to be a bit tedious and unnecessary. I only bought the BB II recently b/c it was a great pattern and was only $30. I just couldn't pass it up at that price! I think it will be great for a smaller baby (DH and I hope to have another baby soon) but I reach for my Boba 3G more for my toddler. It fits me lie a dream, too!

Elijah'sMama 12-07-2012 10:24 AM

I love love love my BBII, I've used it with DS1 since he was 8 months. Comfy for both of us for hours. Great for back carries now that he is too tall for me to see around on a front carry, I'm only 5'2" lol. Im still figuring out how it fits my newbie best but it is still my favorite carrier :) I've heard there are fakes on eBay so be sure to buy from a reputable dealer. I doubt it'll be less than $100ish

yamyam1106 01-23-2013 08:13 AM

Re: Beco Butterfly 2

I agree that it's great for smaller babies. It was the only SSC I liked because my daughter is so small. My only problems with it was the internal Y panel, it was a pain IMO, but I know some people who love it. I also wish the straps were able to cross. I sold my Butterfly and am going to try out the Gemini to see how it works. :)

graceworks 01-24-2013 01:19 PM

I have the original but they are pretty similar. I had quite a learning curve with it as it is my first SSC and I was used to the ring sling. But now I really love it. I got it for easy back carries, as I am a beginner. I love how it feels so secure as I move her from my front to my back...as that was the scary part for me about back carries.

I can see that as I get better, the y-panel won't be as useful, but as a beginner, I really like it. I also like that it will be easier for me to put a younger baby (whenever I have another baby) on my back with the security of the infant insert and the y-panel.

Took me a while to figure out how to get it comfy but now I really love it and would recommend it. I'm tall though 5'9" but fairly slim. It fits me well but even being tall I have to wear it low on my hips or baby and I are face to face lol

zaeaton 01-27-2013 06:20 PM

I have that and a Pikkolo. I am petite as well. The Pikkolo works much better. Somehow the butterfly insert thing bunches up at the top like there is too much fabric for a short torso. If you adjust it so it doesn't do that you can't reach the straps in the back. At least thats my experience.

Pengwins 01-28-2013 11:13 AM

The butterfly is really safe-feeling when putting my baby in the back carry on my own. I also like how its straps aren't in the way of DS's view compared to the ergo. The higher back also is nice for a younger baby for added support. I like to wear my baby down to sleep though, so the y-harness makes it difficult to take the baby out without waking him. I will probably like it better down the line but for now I still reach for the ergo more often.

umphreysmommy 01-28-2013 03:45 PM

I hated it and sold. I don't like the internal harness thing. It was uncomfortable and always bunching up.

marenmccoy 01-31-2013 06:55 PM

I liked the internal harness because I could put my son "into" the carrier lying down and then attach it to myself, or also this was helpful for switching between me and my husband with the baby still in the carrier.

There is no pocket or anything like there is on an ergo, and I thought about trying an ergo for that reason many times.

katjoy 03-02-2013 11:22 PM

It is great for a small baby. I haven't tried it with my now 21 lb son, but we shall see in the spring. I have a Tula as well, but tend to grab my wraps more than my SSCs.