Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stokke Tripp Trapp (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466156)

joyous 11-23-2012 10:06 PM

Stokke Tripp Trapp

Does anyone have one of these? My DD refuses to sit in her highchair. She likes to sit or stand on the chairs or barstools. We usually eat at the counter and she stands on a stool, but the seat part rotates, and I'm always afraid she'll fall.

I'm thinking about finding one of these used, but wondering if others like them? Do they really last as long as they claim too? Any thoughts?

cyanotype 11-24-2012 02:37 AM

:wub: They are great! Both DD and DS have one, DD's is almost 5 yrs old. It's her chair at the dining room table. I've sat in it before. :mrgreen: I can see it being a great desk chair later on.

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes. :mrgreen:

uncertain 11-26-2012 02:04 AM

I think I'm alone in this but I really dislike ours...for kiddos who prefer not to sit at the table, I've used a Learning Tower..fabulous product, can't say enough good things about it! Both my older kids used it to srand at the table for a year then moved on to sit in a regular chair. Personally, I think the tripp trapp isn't wide enough for most butts ;)

raisingcropsandbabies 11-26-2012 05:50 AM

Re: Stokke Tripp Trapp

My friends have 2 learning towers and they love them. My boys go over to their house and are obsessed with them too. If our house was bigger, I would definitely get a few of those!!!

cyanotype 11-26-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertain
I think I'm alone in this but I really dislike ours...for kiddos who prefer not to sit at the table, I've used a Learning Tower..fabulous product, can't say enough good things about it! Both my older kids used it to srand at the table for a year then moved on to sit in a regular chair. Personally, I think the tripp trapp isn't wide enough for most butts ;)

Those are more for helping in the kitchen type of activity right? Instead of stool or chair that one could fall out of. I couldn't see using one at the table to eat dinner. Maybe I have the wrong impression. :goodvibes: I've heard great things about them though. A local baby store has one and my 4.5 yr old is always playing on it.

Edit: wow. Way to read this morning. I missed the part where you said for kids who don't like to sit at a table. :p

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes. :mrgreen:

chickabiddy 11-26-2012 07:06 AM

I love our Stokkes (all 3 of them) and our learning tower. Those and our BOB stroller are the only overpriced baby items we own that I consider worth every single penny. My 8 year old still loves her Stokke.

I would probably go with the learning tower for a kid who doesn't want to sit. I think there is a smaller version that folds up. If you or someone in your family is handy you can make one.

steph410 11-26-2012 07:10 AM

we have a red Tripp Trapp right now. I love it!

we used to have a green one too. I love the way they look and they take up so much less room. They just slide away from the table without any wheels, I think the design is great.

I'm not familiar with the other one mentioned above...

Only 11-26-2012 08:02 AM

I had a thread with quite a few responses from those who love theirs, a few days ago. If you look back you may be able to find it. :)

My Dad just ordered one for DD. I'm excited to get it, haha!

joyous 11-26-2012 10:15 AM

I've never heard of Learning Tower. I'll look into it. Thanks!

And I'll try to find that thread. It's such an expensive chair. I'd hate to buy it and it never gets used.