Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vent: sleeping in crib!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466185)

omahonycm 11-24-2012 02:54 AM

Vent: sleeping in crib!!

My DD will NOT nap in her crib. She opens her eyes and starts squirming and grunting. I try white noise, swaddling, back, belly, etc. and if, by some miracle she is asleep enough not to notice I've put her down, she wakes up 5-20mon later yelling. And I want to punch the people who say to put her down drowsy. Right. That does NOT work. At all. What am I supposed to do, just watch her scream herself hysterical? She'

And I

omahonycm 11-24-2012 02:57 AM

[QUOTE="omahonycm"]My DD will NOT nap in her crib. She opens her eyes and starts squirming and grunting. I try white noise, swaddling, back, belly, etc. and if, by some miracle she is asleep enough not to notice I've put her down, she wakes up 5-20mon later yelling. And I want to punch the people who say to put her down drowsy. Right. That does NOT work. At all. What am I supposed to do, just watch her scream herself hysterical? She's only 10 weeks old. And to just simply pat her and not pick her up? Ha! More screaming. And I have a 2 year old and I can't hold her for all her naps. She won't sleep in any carriers either. No sling, mt, wrap or ssc. I don't know what to do.

Oufelicia 11-24-2012 05:09 AM

Is she interested in anything that plays music with lights? We got this toy from my sister-in-law that hangs on the side of the crib. When you push the button it has a calming blue light and you can choose if it plays music and/or cricket chirps and "night" sounds. It also has a monkey that swings back and forth and water that bubbles. My Ds loves staring at that thing and he is 8 weeks. We usually only have to push it a couple of times before he ends up passing out. He is EBF so he still wakes up every 2-3 hours, but at least he is in his crib. He is a noisy sleeper so we needed him out of our room so we could get some sleep, too! Swaddling didn't last long for us. He would just scream and try to bust out. Not sure if your little one is as interested in music and lights but its worth a try!

Nerissa 11-24-2012 05:14 AM

Re: Vent: sleeping in crib!!

I feel for you. I had two boys that were greatnappers. DD however will not nap in ner crib. I gave up thatfight weeks ago. She naps in her swing. Everyone is much happier. She even naps in the swing at daycare. Right now sleep is more important than where shensleeps.

Huxley 11-24-2012 07:43 AM

At that age my DD would onlynap in her vibrating chair or on me. She's never been able to be just put down. She needs help falling asleep.

Nerissa 11-24-2012 08:41 AM

She sleeps great in her crib at night.IDK shat the difference is

mibarra 11-24-2012 08:48 AM

How old? DD1 and DD2 slept fine in the crib at night. DD1 refused to nap in her crib til 9 months, DD2 til 6 months. I just kept trying. When all else failed I either wore them or put them next to me on the couch.

SaraElise 11-24-2012 08:55 AM

None of my 3 would sleep well in their cribs for a very long time.

If she is sleeping there well at night maybe try black out shades and a bedtime routine similar to night time to trick her into thinking it is night.

I could never lay them down drowsy, but had to nurse them until they were in a really sound sleep and lay them down. I know that is not the way you are "supposed" to do it, but when they just won't sleep any other way, nursing to sleep is way better than not sleeping.

At 5, 4 and almost 2 they are awesome sleepers, so I obviously didn't mess them up too much by nursing or holding them until they were asleep :)

cdeweese 11-24-2012 09:10 AM

If you pick her up does she fall back asleep or does she keep crying?

MDever 11-24-2012 09:10 AM

How dark is the room? We have children that must sleep in the pitch dark when they are babies. If the room is light and she opens her eyes a bit she is like "hey wait a minute! Where did everyone go?" but if it is super dark even during the day if she opens her eyes there is nothing to see and she may be more likely to close them again. Our babies also needed to be swaddled very tightly. If it is too loose they just feel tangled up and freak out. It needs to be very very tight so that they cannot move their arms at all. I hope you figure something out soon. This is a struggle when you have LOs close together. :hugs: