Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Breaks my heart.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466679)

firemommaof1 11-25-2012 08:47 PM

Breaks my heart....

To see people constantly complaining about their children on Facebook. I know kids can be difficult and siblings fight.... But it does make me so sad to see people do nothing but talk about how awful their children are :( why have them then? Just seems like some of these 'friends' of mine had children to check the box off in the game of life. Sorry had to say it somewhere...

3girlsallnaughty 11-25-2012 08:51 PM

;( no advice....I guess I don't have friends like that but it makes me sad to hear it

mommabritt 11-25-2012 09:00 PM

That's sad. :(

mibarra 11-25-2012 09:41 PM

I think people use FB as a safe place to vent. I know lots of people who are "normal" in person, and so negative on FB, like it's their only outlet. I find FB to be a pretty artificial interaction, and people say things there they would never ssy in person.

essential1892 11-25-2012 09:53 PM

Re: Breaks my heart....

I am no longer on Facebook because it all seemed so fake to me. I never really saw anyone be super negative about their kids (just the normal they're driving me crazy stuff) but the bragging was ridiculous. The people that I was "friends" with would go on an on about how perfect their kids were, all of the wonderful outing they had, how perfect their marriages were, etc. I like people to keep it real so I gave up on the whole Facebook thing.

Honestly, if I didn't care enough to keep in touch with someone from high school then why would I care enough to keep up with them on Facebook?

Sarah-B 11-25-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essential1892
I am no longer on Facebook because it all seemed so fake to me. I never really saw anyone be super negative about their kids (just the normal they're driving me crazy stuff) but the bragging was ridiculous. The people that I was "friends" with would go on an on about how perfect their kids were, all of the wonderful outing they had, how perfect their marriages were, etc. I like people to keep it real so I gave up on the whole Facebook thing.

Honestly, if I didn't care enough to keep in touch with someone from high school then why would I care enough to keep up with them on Facebook?

My thoughts exactly!!

loveramongstars 11-25-2012 10:18 PM

I try not to be outright negative mainly because my mom will ser and ask me about it. But I hate when all I see is people complain or say "I had bread for lunch." I do wish people would just give thoughts to their statuses.

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

firemommaof1 11-25-2012 10:18 PM

I see a lot of that as well. I like keeping up with family that lives out of state and other friends I don't get to see often but I think I need to weed out the negative.

anne_josh 11-26-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15970408)
I think people use FB as a safe place to vent. I know lots of people who are "normal" in person, and so negative on FB, like it's their only outlet. I find FB to be a pretty artificial interaction, and people say things there they would never ssy in person.

This. Please remember sometimes people vent when and where they can.. you probably are only seeing one tiny part of their lives.

badmisterkitty 11-26-2012 08:03 AM

The people that I was "friends" with would go on an on about how perfect their kids were, all of the wonderful outing they had, how perfect their marriages were, etc.

YES! I see this in my circle, too. I'll even admit that once or twice I've posted something not entirely 100% true to help lift my own spirits in an area of my life that needs work. I often wonder if all those other perfect people out there are doing the same.

I guess I'm curious what kinds of things are getting posted. I have a very curious 2yo and I love to post her 'antics' because people get a kick out of them. I hope that's not considered bashing. We think it's (mostly) adorable.