Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   The official "it's a" thread! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467594)

leyash 11-28-2012 02:38 PM

The official "it's a" thread!

So - what are you having!?

iwiamandaiwi 11-28-2012 03:32 PM

Re: The official "it's a" thread!

I was feeling so sure that it was a girl but now that I am 12 days away from the u/s I am feeling like it is most likely a boy. Ugh, the waiting is excruciating! 12 more days!!!!

leyash 11-28-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi (Post 15981783)
I was feeling so sure that it was a girl but now that I am 12 days away from the u/s I am feeling like it is most likely a boy. Ugh, the waiting is excruciating! 12 more days!!!!

Yup. I was supposed to find out on Monday, but I think that we are going to wait until our anatomy scan, which should be around the middle of January. Hubby wants to be there when we find out, and if I do it Monday, then he will have to take time off of work, and then he'll have to take time off again, because he wants to go to the anatomy scan in January, so that we can see that everything is okay with the baby. We can't afford for him to take two days (not whole days, but still) off work, so I think we are skipping the elective scan on Monday. ;(

I'm about 90% sure it's a boy (our fourth and final), though we would LOVE a girl.

iwiamandaiwi 11-28-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 15981808)
Yup. I was supposed to find out on Monday, but I think that we are going to wait until our anatomy scan, which should be around the middle of January. Hubby wants to be there when we find out, and if I do it Monday, then he will have to take time off of work, and then he'll have to take time off again, because he wants to go to the anatomy scan in January, so that we can see that everything is okay with the baby. We can't afford for him to take two days (not whole days, but still) off work, so I think we are skipping the elective scan on Monday. ;(

I'm about 90% sure it's a boy (our fourth and final), though we would LOVE a girl.

so what makes you feel so sure it's a boy?

MommaLEB 11-28-2012 03:47 PM

It's a... baby! Sorry, that's the best I can do until May. I'm hoping for a boy, but no hunches either way yet. DD says she's having a brother and a sister, I sure hope she's wrong, haha.

iwiamandaiwi 11-28-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaLEB (Post 15981879)
It's a... baby! Sorry, that's the best I can do until May. I'm hoping for a boy, but no hunches either way yet. DD says she's having a brother and a sister, I sure hope she's wrong, haha.

oh man do you have patience! I could never be team green!

leyash 11-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi (Post 15981831)
so what makes you feel so sure it's a boy?

Not sure, honestly. Just a gut feeling I've had since the beginning. Skull theory says boy. Nub theory (angle of the dangle) says boy. Heartrate says boy (to me). Though the pregnancy is a little different, something just tells me boy.

I will say, though, it COULD be that I just don't want to go through gender disappointment. This is our last, so if it's a boy, I won't ever get my girl. :( I have an unreal desire to raise a girl, so I do not want to deal with gender disappointment. If I tell myself now that it is a boy, maybe it won't be so hard when I actually hear "it's a boy" at the ultrasound, lol.

wolffie 11-28-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash

Not sure, honestly. Just a gut feeling I've had since the beginning. Skull theory says boy. Nub theory (angle of the dangle) says boy. Heartrate says boy (to me). Though the pregnancy is a little different, something just tells me boy.

I will say, though, it COULD be that I just don't want to go through gender disappointment. This is our last, so if it's a boy, I won't ever get my girl. :( I have an unreal desire to raise a girl, so I do not want to deal with gender disappointment. If I tell myself now that it is a boy, maybe it won't be so hard when I actually hear "it's a boy" at the ultrasound, lol.

What's the nub theory?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mom2ManyBlessings 11-28-2012 06:00 PM

Were having a girl :) Shes our last so Im very thankful! Were ending off with 6 sons and 2 daughters :wub:

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)

leyash 11-28-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolffie (Post 15982311)
What's the nub theory?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

It's all about what direction the nub points. Usually, between 12 and 13 weeks a white line can be seen between the legs. The theory is, if it is parallel with the spine, it's a girl, if it is angled up, it's a boy. Mine was roughly a 30 degree angle at 13 weeks and 2 days, BUT, the back was a little curled... so it's not for SURE, but leaning boy.