Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I've spent $732 on diapers... And my first baby's due in March. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468124)

buko 11-30-2012 07:57 AM

I've spent $732 on diapers... And my first baby's due in March.

UPDATE! See photos of my mountain on Page 4.

:blush:

I can always resell the ones that don't work out for us, right? That's what I keep telling myself.

I have...

*drumroll please*

212 Diapers & Covers

Including...

26 AIOs and Pockets

44 Fitteds

87 PFs and Flats

55 Covers (Including 4 Wool)

And this is aside from the...

Stuff on my registry (not too much... now!)

16 Training Pants

57 Wipes

13 Snappis (Not my fault-- most came free with purchase!)

Many Assorted Accessories (Wet Bags, Wipe Warmers, Changing Pads, Etc.)

4 Potties/Seats

...because we are planning on ECing from birth.

That's right-- this is all for a kid who probably won't need diapers after 18-24 months.

Allow me to mount a defense.

-Per above, I will resell what doesn't work for us! Yeah, I will!

-Not TOO outrageous, considering most are new or like-new, right? Right?

-In that vein, these are about 98% "name" brands, like BGE, FB, GM, Mutts, Thirsties, Bummis, OsoCozy, Imse Vimse, GMD, etc.

-This includes pretty much all possible sizes (from a few Preemies to OS/Large).

-I know this is awfully cover-intensive, especially considering DH and I will be dual WAHP and, with ECing, Baby will probably spend a lot of nakey-butt and coverless PF/fitted time at home. But! I am planning a lot of T-shirt/cute diaper (cover)/BabyLegs combos for outside the house, so it's kind of like... part of my clothing budget... right? Right?!?! (Did I mention I have 24 pairs of BabyLegs? Not that I paid full price...)

This is not at all the beginning of an addiction.

No.

Not at all.

It's right smack dab in the middle of one.

:lostit:

mms1972 11-30-2012 08:07 AM

I think that is actually a great total for all that!

qsefthuko 11-30-2012 08:09 AM

Re: I've spent $732 on diapers... And my first baby's due in March.

Not so very bad if you have from birth to potty training. Actually if you have from birth to potty training it is pretty good.

MrsFelton2009 11-30-2012 08:13 AM

Trust me $732 is not alot compared to what you could have spent lol

buko 11-30-2012 08:16 AM

Yes! Thank you, my sisters! Watch me justify!

:thumbsup:

Even if you only figure $1 for each PF/flat, that's just about an average of $5 per other diaper/cover, which is pretty good for BumGenius, FuzziBunz, Bummis, Sandy's, Blueberry, etc. Including shipping, in most cases-- I got almost all of these from:

-One of ~4 giant consignment sales in my area this fall

-DS FSOT

-eBay

-Zulily/EcoBabyBuys/Etc.

craigwick 11-30-2012 08:17 AM

Yeah, for the amount of stuff you have, $732 isn't alot in my mind. Definitely way less than disposables would have cost. I'm quite sure I've spent more than that on CD'ing...but DD2 was in diapers until she was 4 (well technically still is at night) and she outgrew her "one size" diapers by 2.5.

craigwick 11-30-2012 08:17 AM

Yeah, for the amount of stuff you have, $732 isn't alot in my mind. Definitely way less than disposables would have cost. I'm quite sure I've spent more than that on CD'ing...but DD2 was in diapers until she was 4 (well technically still is at night) and she outgrew her "one size" diapers by 2.5.

mariamommy 11-30-2012 08:25 AM

Your baby is ready I would say! I was thinking as I scanned down your list that the amounts of what you have seems pretty good, until I read you got 55 covers, lol. I think my jaw dropped!

southernbelle04 11-30-2012 08:31 AM

That's a good price for everything you bought...but just imagining that large of a stash makes me want to hide in a corner somewhere. Lol I would be so overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

buko 11-30-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 15988921)
Your baby is ready I would say! I was thinking as I scanned down your list that the amounts of what you have seems pretty good, until I read you got 55 covers, lol. I think my jaw dropped!

Yeah, well, one in every color, right? We don't just have to include the visible spectrum-- ultraviolet and infrared are colors, right?

Right????!!?!?