Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Big Mama's December Support Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468929)

slimy72 12-03-2012 08:38 AM

Big Mama's December Support Thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

I know it is a little intimidating to give your weight, but I really feel it is important to "say it out loud", so if you can, say that number for the last time and watch it shrink!

This thread is for the Big Mamas...women who are about 50-70lbs or more over their healthy weight (or were at the beginning of their journey). Join the ladies and I as we work our way to a healthier us!

slimy72 12-03-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Big Mama's December Support Thread

I hope no one minds. I always figure if we're to the third or fourth and no one has posted I'll do it because I NEED the support to keep going. Really hope that I"m not stepping on someone's toes, if I am PLEASE tell me.

tallanvor 12-03-2012 09:26 AM

You're not stepping on anyone's toes. I just don't ever think about starting a new thread. I would happily keep posting on the old one forever and a day. lol

Okay, so yesterday, I wasn't thinking and had two big cups of ice tea when we went to lunch, and then DH bought me a small Coke last night. Major caffeine overload. I didn't get to sleep until after 5 this morning. So, I didn't get up and exercise. I am going to do some strength training later today, though, as I was planning on starting that back this week and the schedule my brother gave me takes 6 days, which I am going to shoot for. This part doesn't take real long and I don't get all nasty and sweaty, so it should be easier for me to fit in, as it doesn't matter what time of day I do it.

slimy72 12-03-2012 09:29 AM

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Maintain weight and not gain over Christmas
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

I have put weight loss on hold. I am getting frustrated. After months and months of not loosing, I've decided to just give it a rest, and be happy with maintaining. Then come January I'll hit it hard again. I do need to work out more though. I think I want to try for 3X a week right now. I keep making a goal of 5X and then when I don't even come close to making it I quit. So 3X a week of doing SOMETHING. I don't care if I work extra hard at scrubbing the house (instead of my usual liesurly cleaning pace) or if I take a walk or if I do the elliptical, just need to do something that gets my heart rate up.

erin_c_odonnell 12-03-2012 09:41 AM

Erin
Start- 245ish
Current 250
Diet plan- slimfast, south beach, exercise
Goal- to lose SOMETHING anything :gah:

Ok so weighed just now and I'm officially heavier than when I started last summer :gah: apparently the only thing I'm losing is my mind and patience :(

Did 15 mins on the elliptical last night. Refused mc Donald's when dh was downing his 2 mc doubles, ff, and dr pepper. :fryingpan:

Ok I think I need more drastic measures. I'm taking fat pictures today (fully clothed) and leaving them on my iPod. Maybe I can shame myself into weight loss (sigh) :cry:

slimy72 12-03-2012 09:56 AM

Erin- I actually wish I had taken pics at the start of all this. I have some pics from the summer before, but I was not at my heaviest then. But I really wish I had because I look at myself now and can't see the progress until I look back at those pics.

l_Kimmie_l 12-03-2012 10:05 AM

Your name - Kimmie
Starting Weight - 172
Current Weight - 144
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) - 143
Long-Term Goal - 138
Weight Lost to Date - 28
Weight Loss Plan - eating when hungry and eating healthy/low carb food.

I am stalling out again right at 1 lb away from goal. Typical. I hope to kick start the rest of my weightloss with Wii fit and dance after xmas.

umphreysmommy 12-03-2012 12:21 PM

Going to update tomorrow after weigh in but I think another week has gone by without a loss and possibly a gain :(

greenmommyx2 12-03-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell
Erin
Start- 245ish
Current 250
Diet plan- slimfast, south beach, exercise
Goal- to lose SOMETHING anything :gah:

Ok so weighed just now and I'm officially heavier than when I started last summer :gah: apparently the only thing I'm losing is my mind and patience :(

Did 15 mins on the elliptical last night. Refused mc Donald's when dh was downing his 2 mc doubles, ff, and dr pepper. :fryingpan:

Ok I think I need more drastic measures. I'm taking fat pictures today (fully clothed) and leaving them on my iPod. Maybe I can shame myself into weight loss (sigh) :cry:

Pictures are incredibly motivating so do it :) I look back on my pictures when I first started all this and I still can't believe how far I've come. Take it slow and steady. Are you counting calories?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

erin_c_odonnell 12-03-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmommyx2 (Post 16001478)
Pictures are incredibly motivating so do it :) I look back on my pictures when I first started all this and I still can't believe how far I've come. Take it slow and steady. Are you counting calories?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Well I did take pictures and I also got an safe box app to hide them in :giggle2: wouldn't want any of my friends/ kids to accidently find the ones with my fat belly hanging out :blush:

I'm not counting calories (focus on carbs) but I'm thinking ill start writing everything I eat down. I'm still nursing and even though I know only need like 300 extra calories I always feel like I'm starving :( it doesn't matter what I eat- protein, whole grains, veggies, etc I'm ALWAYS hungry.