Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Searching for a wahm cloth diaper detergent that smells great after drying (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469244)

FulHouse 12-04-2012 02:09 AM

Searching for a wahm cloth diaper detergent that smells great after drying

I loved Clean B. it's not made any more, but it was gentle, didn't worsen my son's excema, cleaned the diapers, and the whole laundry smelled delicious even after drying.

Does anyone make a great smelling but safe detergent, hopefully with scent choices? I have ruby moon, but the scent doesn't even last through the wash.

dncnshu00 12-04-2012 07:34 AM

Re: Searching for a wahm cloth diaper detergent that smells great after drying

D'oh, I was just going to suggest Ruby Moon. I actually like that the scent washes out because that tells me that all the detergent is rinsing out too.

FulHouse 12-06-2012 11:07 AM

I like ruby moon but I love a slight scent - not a fakey strong tide kind - after the laundry is done. Anyone know of a great one? Or know how to add a scent properly?

dncnshu00 12-06-2012 11:38 AM

If you dry diapers in the dryer you could put some essential oils on wool dryer balls.

Terra76 12-06-2012 11:40 AM

You could use scented dryer balls!

Mandan914 12-07-2012 03:01 PM

Ha I was just going to say that too, getting some EO drops but be careful to too much could effect absorbancy..

TrennaII 12-07-2012 09:06 PM

Try a little Ecover softener?

mariamommy 12-07-2012 10:31 PM

I just wanted to say I miss Clean B too. I had a bag of it once and it was heavenly to open up the bag and smell. I got fruit slices or some scent like that, it was like sweet candy.

FulHouse 12-23-2012 11:18 AM

Am still searching for a cloth diaper detergent to replace Clean B. how did she get the scent to stay through washing and drying? I loved the way our closets would faintly smell. Yes, I think Fruit Slices was the most delicious smell. It smelled so natural, not all chem like tide or dryer sheets. I have tried putting EO on a little cloth wipe in the dryer but it doesn't seem to last and those oils are expensive.

If anyone makes their own laundry powder, have you experimented with fragrance at all, and ever had the fragrance stay through the dryer? So that the room is faintly great smelling, and the clothes don't give out a heavy scent but when you put your face into the clean clothes / dipes, they do faintly smell delicious? That is what I am going for. My 9 year old gets excema in the summer, but he could handle clean b on his clothing so it wasn't harsh on skin.

Ideas?