Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoption and Foster Care (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   DECEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469320)

Kristi26 12-04-2012 11:26 AM

DECEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

I came here looking for the December thread to give an update but there wasn't one yet! So I thought I'd start one. :giggle:

Does everyone remember that Gwen's BM was pregnant again and that she had her baby by emergency c-section last month, 7-8 weeks early? She and the BF talked to children and youth today. They have no chance of being allowed to keep him. They were told to make a plan asap or Children and youth would find a family for him. Part of me feels bad for them, the rest of me knows they aren't in any position to be caring for a newborn at this point. They have 5 people living in a tiny motel room (still); that's no place for a newborn. So they are now trying to figure out who will take the baby. I know they still want us to take him, but DH is NOT interested. He said it would be stupid of us to get involved again. And I'm sure he's right, it's just hard to watch my daughter's brother be taken away and there isn't anything I can do to help. :(

Mama2ManyBoyz 12-04-2012 12:11 PM

Re: DECEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

If you could go straight adoption or foster to adopt...why not? There is someone there to force her hand, she can't really string you along anymore. Sorry I don't remember much of the story, but seems like now might be a good time to step in if you're looking to adopt???

Mama2ManyBoyz 12-04-2012 12:17 PM

Sorry...I hope that didn't come off wrong, just trying to understand the situation better.

sunnymommy 12-04-2012 04:38 PM

Maybe it's just that there is no chance to keep him right now but they will be allowed to attempt refunification? That would be a mess to get involved in. Or are they going to terminate rights no matter what?

~*~Sunflower~*~ 12-04-2012 07:46 PM

(((KRISTI))) What a hard situation!!!

We were approved for foster/adopt. Jumping every time the phone rings & shop-shop-shopping for baby stuff like a crazy woman! While I am happy that things aren't so dire that we have had a phone call yet, I sure would like a babe to cuddle & shop for by Christmas! LOL!

(For those that don't know, we fostered in the past, so we have a little bit of experience. :) )

Kimmyann 12-04-2012 09:31 PM

Kristi what a hard situation to be in. I can empathize with both you and your husband. Maybe it's time to just cut off all contact with your late daughters birthmom. Who is to say that she won't be in the same exact position in a years time as well.

FindingMercy 12-05-2012 08:46 AM

Happy December ladies! Life is cray-cray around here. We won't finalize until next month (boo!), but we have our last post placement supervision visit next week (yay!). Abraham is doing great. He's on reflux meds now which seem to be helping him gain weight. Little peanut isn't even 14 lbs. yet at 5.5 months.

Here he is with his cousin. :) I love his skin color up against this diaper.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CnFR_arDfe...0/DSC_0072.JPG

Msheidiann 12-05-2012 09:57 AM

After the massive screw up on the part of the county...we are in a waiting period AGAIN! There is a hearing set for Jan 4 to clear up the ICWA issue (which was already cleared up, but this court is insisting we need this hearing also). Then the petition to terminate on dad will be submitted. A reduction in appeal period will also be argued. Sigh. So, SO frustrating. We should have finalized last thursday.

ivparker 12-05-2012 10:09 AM

Well, the twins are going home on Monday. It is going to be so weird not having them around. They are already part of our family. Part of me is in denial and not really want to admit that they are leaving. This was our first placement so I've never experienced this before.

FindingMercy 12-05-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msheidiann
After the massive screw up on the part of the county...we are in a waiting period AGAIN! There is a hearing set for Jan 4 to clear up the ICWA issue (which was already cleared up, but this court is insisting we need this hearing also). Then the petition to terminate on dad will be submitted. A reduction in appeal period will also be argued. Sigh. So, SO frustrating. We should have finalized last thursday.

That's so crazy. Talk about a kid being drug along through the system unnecessarily. He deserves permanency!