Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469765)

lakemama 12-05-2012 11:22 AM

Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Here's a note that I wrote to Cotton Babies, because our time matters, and they need to appreciate that.

I ordered on Black Friday and received my order this past Monday. However I also received a duplicate order of a cart that I cancelled, valuing $75 in merchandise. I checked my Paypal and wasn't charged. So I sent an email to customer service indicating what happened and advised that I would gladly repack this order and send it back if they would send a call tag. Two days later I get an email reply with instructions what to do. NO THANK YOU included. NO thanks for being honest and doing the right thing. NO thanks for taking the time to let us know and for repacking and shipping it. NO thanks, we appreciate your time.

Really?! I would have been a happy customer with one simple thanks.

You made a mistake, which happens. I was honest and I let you know and returned the goods that I didn't pay for. I could have kept them and you'd have been none the wiser. I'm trying to help your bottom line because I value small business. But what I value about small businesses is customer service. Which didn't happen.

So you're welcome. But you've lost my business going forward, and there are MANY other appreciative customer service oriented companies that I will support. Because that matters to me and a lot of other Moms out there

hilaryisinked 12-05-2012 11:24 AM

Wow that's amazing that they wouldn't even thank you for saving them $75 worth of merchandise that they accidentally sent out! Not very polite at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lady longs 12-05-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
...

lakemama 12-05-2012 12:43 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs (Post 16009113)
I am sorry you didn't get the thanks you were hoping for. Gratitude does go a long way.

But, I have to say that I have had nothing short of STELLAR customer service from Cotton Babies. In light of an error on my part, with out of stock items, with returns, with store credit, and with a registry. Lots of complicated things that could have resulted in complicated situations, but they cleared them up easily, happily, quickly, fairly, and seemlessly.

I am 110% impressed with their customer service and will definitely shop from them in the future.

Every order is going to vary and it will depend on who helps you with your order. I just didn't get the "we care about your order" vibe from them. I'll spend my $ with someone who does care, like Tami at Kissed by the Moon.

lady longs 12-05-2012 01:16 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
...

Nerissa 12-05-2012 01:21 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs (Post 16009265)
I totally understand, respect, and agree with your conclusion. And would likely make that conclusion myself. I spend the bulk of my cd money at small companies like hers for those exact reasons. Prob 80% of my cd money goes thru these small companies.

At the same time, I think that public bashing of companies on forums like this should be reserved for extreme situations - like not issuing a refund, holding money and not sending products, severe back orders without communication and the holding of funds. Negative feedback on places like these has serious ramifications for companies. And things like not saying "thanks" is really not a reason, IMO, to bash a company publicly.

It is, however, a perfect reason to make a personal decision not to support that company ever again and, instead, re-route your money to more friendly and grateful mama run business.

I completely agree with this. While a thanks would have been nice I don't see the need to publicly bash the company. There could have been a number of reasons the thanks was left off.

For the record I have had nothing but great CS from Cotton babies.

mariamommy 12-05-2012 01:25 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs (Post 16009265)
I totally understand, respect, and agree with your conclusion. And would likely make that conclusion myself. I spend the bulk of my cd money at small companies like hers for those exact reasons. Prob 80% of my cd money goes thru these small companies.

At the same time, I think that public bashing of companies on forums like this should be reserved for extreme situations - like not issuing a refund, holding money and not sending products, severe back orders without communication and the holding of funds. Negative feedback on places like these has serious ramifications for companies. And things like not saying "thanks" is really not a reason, IMO, to bash a company publicly.

It is, however, a perfect reason to make a personal decision not to support that company ever again and, instead, re-route your money to more friendly and grateful mama run business.

This was well written.

OP, I can absolutely understand the frustration of them not even bothering to say thank you. What they did was a mistake, and you were so gracious enough to correct the situation in an honest way and gave of your time/energy to make it right without being asked too. I'm sure a lot of people would be tempted or would actually keep it and not say anything. Kudos to you ~ you did a wonderful thing. With not even a mention of a thanks, I'd probably feel the same way. Its hard to not get an acknowledgement of a good deed done.

I gotta agree with others though, and say this probably wasn't worth bashing cottonbabies for. I have ordered from cottonbabies countless times for years now and have always gotten excellent personal customer service, even with products that I thought weren't what I was expecting, they were replaced quickly and without question. I will continue to order from them. I know cottonbabies reps are also on this message board, and will probably read this.

Boohakis 12-05-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16009305)
I know cottonbabies reps are also on this message board, and will probably read this.

I have placed several orders with Cotton Babies in the past, however, I will no longer support them because of comments made by one of their reps on this forum that I found offensive.

bigmamakelsey 12-05-2012 02:12 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
That definitely sucks, but in their defense, it was an automated message. Yes, not outstanding CS by an means, but they got back to you with instructions as requested in a timely matter. That personally wouldn't be enough for me to not do business with them again. Cottonbabies isn't really a small business as far as I'm concerned, they're a larger operation as far as the CD world goes. But hey, there is really no big loss. Almost all CD retailers carry CB products.

lakemama 12-05-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Here's why I'll never order from Cotton Babies again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 16009305)
This was well written.

OP, I can absolutely understand the frustration of them not even bothering to say thank you. What they did was a mistake, and you were so gracious enough to correct the situation in an honest way and gave of your time/energy to make it right without being asked too. I'm sure a lot of people would be tempted or would actually keep it and not say anything. Kudos to you ~ you did a wonderful thing. With not even a mention of a thanks, I'd probably feel the same way. Its hard to not get an acknowledgement of a good deed done.

I gotta agree with others though, and say this probably wasn't worth bashing cottonbabies for. I have ordered from cottonbabies countless times for years now and have always gotten excellent personal customer service, even with products that I thought weren't what I was expecting, they were replaced quickly and without question. I will continue to order from them. I know cottonbabies reps are also on this message board, and will probably read this.

You're right, and I can totally see your point about posting it publicly. The reason I did so wasn't to bash them, though I can understand why it can seem like it's bashing. My purpose is two-fold.
#1 is other moms that are thinking about a purchase like to know when people give exceptional service, like my experience with Kissed by the Moon recently which I also posted publicly, and also when it's sub-par. I read about new diaper stores here before I make purchases with them. I want to know about other mamas experiences.
#2 customer service matters. It affects some people's buying decision, including my own. A little note that says "hey thanks for shopping from our little Mom & Pop outfit", to me, is going above and beyond and makes me feel great about supporting that shop. Even more so than freebies. (though freebies are way fun and cool!) :lostit:
Because ultimately it's about customer service, and they (CB) need to improve upon it. Something little like a simple thanks matters. And not bothering to do so when someone does something that should matter to them makes me feel about the same as I do when I shop at a Big Box store. Like my purchase didn't matter. They don't need my support.
I'm sure that this wasn't the intent of CB. But how they are represented by their staff affects a buying decision. If I were the owner of the shop, I'd be chatting with my staff right now about customer service Ps&Qs.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors