Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Opinions on Best Bottom Diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469936)

beachbetty 12-05-2012 08:46 PM

Opinions on Best Bottom Diapers?

Anyone try these? How would they work for a heavy wetter? I'm building up my stash and these caught my eye. I prefer natural fiber, but baby's skin seems to prefer stay dry. I like that Best Bottom has options for both and that the inserts would be trim in the diaper bag. They're not carried around here though so I can't check them out in person.

Thanks for any input!

grahamcracker 12-05-2012 09:06 PM

I really like the trimness of them but I don't have a heavy wetter so I can't speak for that.

fdupre 12-05-2012 09:19 PM

Re: Opinions on Best Bottom Diapers?

They are so trim and work great! But I think they are small id you have a bigger baby I doubt they will last that long. They also have the extra snap insert.

organicmama10 12-05-2012 10:24 PM

We've been happy with them. Used them almost exclusively for almost two years now. We have both stay dry and hemp inserts. The overnight option didn't work for us but these worked great during the day and nap. Don't care much for the hemp, unfortunately. They're extremely trim but I can't tell the difference between the stay dry or the hemp. Somewhat dissappointed with the hemp tbh as it doesn't seem to hold as much as I had hoped or at least I couldn't tell the difference. :(

Leiiki 12-05-2012 10:30 PM

I liked them initially, but they have a really poor PUL that delaminates in no time. They also have a very short rise, and I found the inserts to be not very absorbent even for daytime. The nighttime ones were a joke. We used them with padfolded prefolds instead.
If you plan to wash cold and line-dry, the shells might be worth trying - they do have some cute prints.

KingsDaughter76 12-06-2012 01:41 AM

I have them a really like them- the hemp insert is super soft and very trim- but holds my heavy wetting 18 mth old just fine for daytime and naps ( we use something else for nights) ...I like all the cute prints and have had no issues with delamination of my covers- washing normal and either line drying or tossing them in the dryer. They fit my long and lean son great...but would probably need the extra waist extenders if you have a chubby baby. Overall I think they are a good diaper to try...I am glad I finally gave them a try after sitting on the fence about them for so long. :-)

Oh my son is almost 25 lbs and is 33.75" tall and he is on the middle snap rise setting- with one set of rise snaps to go and is on the middle waist setting with one set of snaps exposed in the middle (if that helps any) We use the size large inserts, although the medium size can work if needed in a pinch.

Nat4 12-06-2012 10:22 AM

I've loved mine! I used them for both my chunky four-month-old and my skinny 18-month-old. They have been absolutely bulletproof for us - even holding in the newborn breastfed poop explosions. I've left one on for six hours once, and nothing was wet that wasn't supposed to be. Awesome! I love that you can wipe-out and reuse the cover, and that the inserts snap in. And they are also quite trim, which is a must for me.

We've used the overnight insert/booster, and it worked perfectly! Just as bulletproof at night as during the day for us. Though I think my son is an average wetter, so maybe that had something to do with it too.

The only issue we've had is that they rub weird on my son's thighs when he walks/runs, and it gives him a rash. So I mostly use them for my infant right now. All in all, they're great!

beachbetty 12-06-2012 11:38 AM

Thanks so much for all the input! They might be the next dipes that I try.

kaiulani73 12-07-2012 05:26 PM

i thought i liked them in a trial until the green plastic was on my daughter one of the times i changed her.. no more for me...

TrennaII 12-07-2012 10:04 PM

I have a friend who loves hers but I really didn't like them. No stretch, poor quality pul, one row of snaps, and a flat diaper holds more while being more trim and easier to wash.