Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Baby Doll Carriers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469942)

maeus 12-05-2012 08:00 PM

Baby Doll Carriers

Which have you liked for your LO? I've seen Ergo, Beco and Moby all make carriers. Are there others (WAHM?) I should look into for my DD?

harmoni247 12-05-2012 08:26 PM

Re: Baby Doll Carriers

Can you sew? Theyre really easy to make! I made an easy mei tai for my kids and they love it. Before i had the motivation to sew, i even used a scrap piece of fabric and tied it into a ring sling for their dolls.

theonenonlymrssmith 12-05-2012 08:27 PM

I think a sling would be easiest for a child to use! And super easy to make, even if you don't sew.

bluedaisyma 12-06-2012 05:01 AM

My son has a sling but he always tries to use my beco or my so I'm getting a ds mama on here to make him one- she has an etsy shop

Alaga 12-06-2012 05:07 AM

There is an easy tutorial for a SSC-like carrier with buckles, etc online! I sewed the whole thing by hand b/c I don't have a machine and it only took me maybe a week of naptimes?! Not that DD uses it though :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ARogers 12-06-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maeus (Post 16010801)
Which have you liked for your LO? I've seen Ergo, Beco and Moby all make carriers. Are there others (WAHM?) I should look into for my DD?

We ordered the Boba for our DD. I had pics of the Boba and Ergos pulled up and she liked the look of that one the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaga (Post 16011661)
There is an easy tutorial for a SSC-like carrier with buckles, etc online! I sewed the whole thing by hand b/c I don't have a machine and it only took me maybe a week of naptimes?! Not that DD uses it though :banghead:

Link, please? :)

maeus 12-07-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaga (Post 16011661)

I don't have a sewing machine, so that would be me. I wonder if it's cheaper than buying one on sale.

If anyone has a link to a pattern, I'd love to check it out, too.

katengrace 12-07-2012 04:24 PM

Dd1 has a Beco she loves.

Leiiki 12-07-2012 04:33 PM

We are getting a Kinderpack Mini for DD - I love it because it is in the same fabric as our full-size carrier, and it's nice to support a WAHM.

There are also several doll companies that sell carriers - American Girl, Baby Stella, Corolle...