Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best NB diapers that wont break the bank ! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469963)

kharvey92611 12-05-2012 09:01 PM

Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
The title pretty much sums it up . I'm due in August but really want to slowly building my stash . What are the best newborn diapers to get at a low cost ?

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August

keen1981 12-05-2012 09:01 PM

Prefolds and covers

simplykarenp 12-05-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
Newborn size Prefolds and covers. This is what I'm currently using on my 4 week old. We started cding at about 1 week old. Works great.

penguinande 12-05-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
My two favorites have been GMD workhorse fitteds and Imagine NB AIOs. I got the old white workhorses, but I believe the new organic ones are still only 5.50 each and now come with a doubler. Nickis diapers is still offering the Imagine NB AIOs at the 8.95 introductory price, which isn't the cheapest possible newborn option, but it is inexpensive for an all-in-one. They have a new stay-dry version too.

bigmamakelsey 12-05-2012 09:20 PM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
Diaper rite flats($17.50/doz), imagine prefolds(I think they're 21/dozen?), itty bitty bliss fitteds from the diaper drive thru (7.95/each) nana's bottoms (she always had different % off codes, so the price is different but always affordable!) GMD workhorse fitteds ($5/each for the newborn size) HTH:)

kharvey92611 12-06-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinande
My two favorites have been GMD workhorse fitteds and Imagine NB AIOs. I got the old white workhorses, but I believe the new organic ones are still only 5.50 each and now come with a doubler. Nickis diapers is still offering the Imagine NB AIOs at the 8.95 introductory price, which isn't the cheapest possible newborn option, but it is inexpensive for an all-in-one. They have a new stay-dry version too.

I've heard of the imagine diapers , I may have to check them out. I have no issues with prefolds and covers however DH isn't a big fan and would want something "easier" . With ds2 we started off with 2 dozen prefolds and 4 covers along with a fuzzi bunz xs , cb xs , kissa NB, and lil joeys . I will have two in diapers when the baby is born .

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August

kharvey92611 12-06-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
Diaper rite flats($17.50/doz), imagine prefolds(I think they're 21/dozen?), itty bitty bliss fitteds from the diaper drive thru (7.95/each) nana's bottoms (she always had different % off codes, so the price is different but always affordable!) GMD workhorse fitteds ($5/each for the newborn size) HTH:)

Where can I find the itty bitty bliss ? And Nana's diapers ?

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August

ARogers 12-06-2012 05:29 AM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kharvey92611 (Post 16011670)
Where can I find the itty bitty bliss ? And Nana's diapers ?

married ❤attached mama to L(8/07) and J(9/11) expecting baby #3 in August

Just google Nana's Bottoms and something should come up. I believe she has a store on HC. Alva makes NB diapers also. I've only gotten them through co-ops. If you order direct you get free shipping when you buy 20 items.

jessreichenbach 12-06-2012 05:42 AM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
Trimsies Small Fitteds or AIO's (I prefer fitteds with tiny babies) They fit the average newborn with out the need for a "newborn" size diaper so they last you much longer! eliminating the need for a Newbie stash all together. I hated prefolds on my newbie (but used them just because I had them) we had the Bummis organic infant sized ones. But my trimsies were by far my favorite, I just didn't have enough on hand!
Heres my little guy when we got home from the hospital (he was 7lb12 oz)
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...22011704_n.jpg

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...09432237_n.jpg

And XS Fleece soakers we FABULOUS on those tiny chicken legs, I had some NB pul covers and they ALL left orrid red marks on him, these are great because they're super inexpensive and fit just fine under baby gowns and footie sleepers
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...87886017_n.jpg

He is Just now growing out of Mediums at 13 months old, but my daughter Potty trained right out of mediums (alot of people never have to go to a large)

AmJoyFul 12-06-2012 07:01 AM

Re: Best NB diapers that wont break the bank !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessreichenbach (Post 16011726)
Trimsies Small Fitteds or AIO's (I prefer fitteds with tiny babies) They fit the average newborn with out the need for a "newborn" size diaper so they last you much longer! eliminating the need for a Newbie stash all together. I hated prefolds on my newbie (but used them just because I had them) we had the Bummis organic infant sized ones. But my trimsies were by far my favorite, I just didn't have enough on hand!
Heres my little guy when we got home from the hospital (he was 7lb12 oz)
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...22011704_n.jpg

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...09432237_n.jpg

And XS Fleece soakers we FABULOUS on those tiny chicken legs, I had some NB pul covers and they ALL left orrid red marks on him, these are great because they're super inexpensive and fit just fine under baby gowns and footie sleepers
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/a...87886017_n.jpg

He is Just now growing out of Mediums at 13 months old, but my daughter Potty trained right out of mediums (alot of people never have to go to a large)

You have to make those yourself? I only can find a pattern...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors