Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Talk to me about Antsy Pants (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470051)

fuzzynoodle 12-06-2012 09:01 AM

Talk to me about Antsy Pants

I have a 22 month-old son (50th percentile) who is far from training, but I'm looking for something that can double as a trim diaper and morph into a trainer later on.

Do you have experience with Antsy Pants, either from a diapering or trainer perspective?

snorris2 12-06-2012 09:35 AM

I don't know about Antsy Pants, but you moght want to look into the Sprout Change Trainer. They have an organic and a stay dry option, fit from 20-50 lbs, and are trim. They are an AIO.

Pixi6s 12-06-2012 09:55 AM

Re: Talk to me about Antsy Pants

We have one antsy pants. They are sized though so I don't know how it could morph into a trainer, unless its reasonably soonish.

They are AIO with a pocket. They pull up and down but also snap apart for easy poop changes.

Not sure what you are looking for? There are other trainer options out there though they are generally OS fits most. I found them all 2 small for my average 2.5yo old.

fuzzynoodle 12-06-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s (Post 16012499)

Not sure what you are looking for? There are other trainer options out there though they are generally OS fits most. I found them all 2 small for my average 2.5yo old.

Ha! I'm not really either! But I know my kid is not anywhere near pee pee trained, but is starting to understand poop. He also poops at 7:30am like clockwork, so I'd like to get to a point soon where I can "catch" it in the potty. So, that would eliminate (ha!) the need for a diaper that is poop appropriate, but would still need to be absorbent for pee. I'm also finding toddler pants are not cut for cloth, and going up a size is way too big.

What I really need is a cloth diaper we can pull down for poop on the potty time, then be relatively absorbent for pee (his output is not significant), and then maybe transition to a trainer early on in potty training, before we are brave enough to move to briefs.

(I currently am using Thisties Duo diapers and GroVia AI2s with the organic cotton inserts. Both are awesome and fit well, and fit under his clothes well. They just don't pull up/down.)

mpink22 12-06-2012 07:52 PM

We used them for my older son and loved them. They were easy to pull down. We got great customer service (3 years ago). They were cute too. I got custom inserts made somewhere else for them and it worked well as a diaper rather than a trainer too.

Pixi6s 12-06-2012 08:00 PM

You don't really NEED to pull up and down to poop on the potty. We started daytime EC with my son at 9 months. He just learn to sit on the potty at diaper change time.

They aren't quick cut right for my son. But they do seem quality. They are not stay dry and Synthetic. He is Daytime PL so we are looking for the PULL Up option for night time.

Gro Via makes a AIO with pocket. Snugs Boutique at Etsy makes a similar pocket pull up, she does a good job.

your stash sounds like our before PL, Grovia with cotton inserts and bummis covers and trifold prefolds - BG 4.0 for nighttime. My son still fits into his BG, just barely :)