Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Back to where I started - ha! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1470091)

crunchyNurseMommy 12-06-2012 10:19 AM

Back to where I started - ha!

When I first started cloth diapering @ 8 months old, I bought a pack of flip covers & organic prefolds along with a few grovia covers & inserts.

Since then I have bought & sold a million different diapers, got caught up in crazy stocking, had a good wool stash then couldnt find the right fitted, switched from aplix to snaps & back again, etc.

Well guess what we are back to?! You guessed it- grovia shells and flip covers & organic prefolds (same ones from over 1 1/2 years ago & soft as ever!)

Anyone else do this?! (make me feel like less of a cloth diapering dork! ;)

TrennaII 12-06-2012 10:33 AM

Yup.

Started with flats and Thirsties XS, a few wool covers.

Tried to "upgrade" to BGs, didn't like them. Switched to Flip covers, ended up liking the way flats fit into gDiapers. Tried Babykicks fitteds, BGEs, restashed to Grovia AIOs... Went back to flats in Flips and gDiapers and Imse Vimse Wool.

Terra76 12-06-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Back to where I started - ha!

I started out with thirsties and bumkins covers with Little lion flats on my DS1, we then went to pockets (coolababy back in the day lol), then BFE's, on to fuzzibunz one size, then some fitteds and wool, had a brief love affair with Grovia and ended with flips and organic inserts. He is now potty learned.

With dd 2 we started with bg aio's, ,moved on to rumparooz, bg 4.0's then lost the pocket love. Moved on to bge's. had a brief love afair with Grovia, then fitteds and wool for a loooong time. Now we are doing simplex 2.0's and prefolds with wool.

DS2 (only 8 weeks old) We do mostly prefolds or fitteds with wool or covers and newborn simplex and have softbums on the way.

I have bought and sold soooooo many diapers I try not to think about it! I have bought and sold BGE's a few times. Same with Prefolds.

Earthy Emmy 12-06-2012 11:33 AM

I've always just used pocket diapers because they are so easy, but maybe it would be fun to try something new?

Terra76 12-06-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthy Emmy (Post 16012862)
I've always just used pocket diapers because they are so easy, but maybe it would be fun to try something new?

That's how it starts :giggle2: Don't let the addiction get you!

badmisterkitty 12-06-2012 11:40 AM

Don't do it!!!!!! :)

I don't think I'll ever go back to where I started (Kooshies, anyone??), but I constantly cycle back to prefolds and covers. I just restashed covers because I'd actually worn out most of my covers. I have some GMD and flip organics and I'm waiting on the Grovia bamboo. Flip and thirsties sized covers. I'm about to do a massive destash again without having bought a ton of new stuff. it's refreshing.

ebandive 12-06-2012 11:59 AM

Yep! I started out with flips and a few other things. Ended up destashing the flips because they were "boring." After trying everything under the sun and getting sucked into crazy stalkings, I'm back to flips and flats. Simple. Trim. Easy to wash. Cheap. And they work. :goodvibes:

greencrunchymama 12-06-2012 12:57 PM

I started with prefolds and Flips. Then tried some other covers, flats padfolded, some BGEs, pockets, fitteds and wool, and just bought some pockets again after I sold mine. I :wub: fitteds and wool, but pockets are easier when we're out and on vacation. I want to go back to prefolds but every time I try it doesn't work out.

crunchyNurseMommy 12-06-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebandive
Yep! I started out with flips and a few other things. Ended up destashing the flips because they were "boring." After trying everything under the sun and getting sucked into crazy stalkings, I'm back to flips and flats. Simple. Trim. Easy to wash. Cheap. And they work. :goodvibes:

Yes!!!! I got bored but now that we are back to flip covers & prefolds it is refreshing!!! Not having to worry about dryer settings for different diapers that are more sensitive or special soap. Just tide & a little bleach in the prefolds <hide!> and air dry the covers. Easy, cheap, trim & effective!

mabelinoad 12-06-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy

Yes!!!! I got bored but now that we are back to flip covers & prefolds it is refreshing!!! Not having to worry about dryer settings for different diapers that are more sensitive or special soap. Just tide & a little bleach in the prefolds <hide!> and air dry the covers. Easy, cheap, trim & effective!

Same here :)

I've done what seems like them all. Now destashing tons just to get back to fleece/flips and fitteds. Refreshing for sure!

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.